The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of Frame: The Everyday Lives Of The Tenno - Feedback & Discussion

Jordan_McBeast

well someone stated PG13 please. it's more in response to that. not only that but a founder is someone who has a decent sized disposable income, IE fair amount of money. there should be no children in the founders area in my own flawed point of view, thus we're all pretty much over the age of 18.

well someone stated PG13 please. it's more in response to that. not only that but a founder is someone who has a decent sized disposable income, IE fair amount of money. there should be no children in the founders area in my own flawed point of view, thus we're all pretty much over the age of 18.

Not flawed at all, have a cookie for that explanation,

mcdonalds-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie.png

or three.

So an adult can't find 'clean' content preferable over crude humor or gore-fests? That's a rather silly assumption to make.

PG13 doesn't have to be crude or gory. Just inappropriate.

Nitpicking. The point remains that there's nothing stopping an adult with freedom of choice from preferring PG-13 rated content over R rated content. Regardless of whatever changes in style those might entail.

there's more to R ratings than crude humor or gore effects. sides, most of the crude humor gets left to the PG13 and the PG ratings anyway in the large scope of things. as far as Clean content, Clean content is fake content. never in my life have i barred witnessed to a Clean existence. it's always been rather up close and personal most of the time. I walk down the street, see drug users casually standing there doing their thing, i've waited on the tram as a guy gets mugged in broad daylight while we pass him. Even knowing friends and immediate family who commit suicide in rather unfortunate ways.

R ratings to me may exadurate things on a gore level ( the saw movies a good example, think there isn't even that much blood in a cow) or explosions (all pretty much gasoline bombs in all hollywood/mainstream movies.). the rest I find at least makes an attempt to tackle things we know are there but dont want to deal with. kinda like M ratings for games, sure there's some stylized exadurations that we expect, but they tackle things that we dont want to admit happen. For instance, many people would like to believe that the UN is there to help people, However in Africa UN forces turned sides and actually instituted a mass killing inside a church where refugees they had promised to help and evacuate had been gathered by the UN forces. this is UN forces,  lining up civilians in a sanctioned international safe zone, and executing openly them in broad daylight. to put this into perspective, Learned about this in highschool about 9 or so years ago.

The world is a cruel, ugly, and rather blatant place. It's not clean, and even generally considered clean content has excessively morbid undertones that aren't readily realized, Case and point, From the squeaky clean company Nintendo.... Pokemon and i'm talking about the kid's show. In perspective, this is a company that changed baby seals in ice climbers to yetis for outside of japan release, and among other things, changed the text of a grumpy old man in the street from being drunk off his rocker and wanting more booze, to some old dude who just hand' had his morning cup of joe and was too tired to get out of your way.

All that being said, This is warframe ( a stated sequel to darksector) , a game in a scifi universe that has a violent past, and currently a thread about the daily lives of homicidal space ninja assassins who have been given highly advanced suits of biometal grown from a stable variant of the technocite virus And infected with the stable variant in order to use the suits. There's hardly anything "clean" about ember's sexual hunger, or even Volt's suave act, or Rhino's Over the top personality where he wants girls to find out why he needs that big of a codpiece and how fun it can be. Daily life isn't "clean" or neat and tidy as people tell kids in certain countries with a high level of censorship. 

So hey if you enjoy a Clean bit of content, then you have my envy. (saying the whole you have my envy bit in earnest, not as a #$&(% bit where i'm being sarcastic.I actually mean you have my envy.)

-snip-

That's precisely the point, though. Why would I want the exact same thing that I see every day when I turn to a medium of entertainment primarily used to escape the harshness of reality?

Now, don't get me wrong; there's absolutely nothing wrong with thought-provoking movies that deal with the cesspool that is human society. They're important as a way to examine and better ourselves with (hopefully) fewer people getting emotionally, financially, or physically maimed in the process. They aren't, however, going to be what I turn to when I sit down at home after a particularity stressful day.

Whether or not PG-13 content belongs in Warframe, or more specifically a fan-fiction thread about Warframe, is another matter entirely and one that I'd probably be inclined to agree with you on. Warframe (Or, I guess it would be the Dark Sector universe) is a pretty S#&$ty place; rainbows and sunshine probably wouldn't go very far.

But I digress, because this may very well have gotten off-topic enough as is.

Edited by Atheau

And plus one to you good sir for that wonderful retort. (yes i know i sound like a bit of a male reproductive organ there, or rather the derogatory word for it that is common place that just gets replaced by a bunch of random shift number key symbols, but being honest there).

Personally when i go for a bit of a vacation from what is the real world, I head over , grab a thing of ben and jerries ice cream, and watch documentaries on things like the planets in our solar system or even a a few lets play videos. Favorite thing is to go on a mythbusters binge. Know a lot of people dont like them, but hey, it's my cup of tea as it were.