Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EB Excalibur Build for solo play

Unitiatwow

Question

14 answers to this question

@Barracudao I'm triggered by that statement >:c

Anyways Excalibur IS ONE OF THE BEST SOLO FRAMES in game. He can take on EVERYTHING on the starmap and can actually SOLO HOUR LONG SURVIVALS.

Right now what you have to know is Power Str EB builds have been nerfed. EB now has a dmg drop off and the dash-E combo is basically sh*t now. If you want to become a god Excalibur you have to use the 2nd option.

The 2nd option is a dps EB. You wont be one-shotting enemies with a single wave but you will be able to lash a constant barrage of waves to take them out. This is backed up buy strong channeling efficiency. And if you ever find yourself not doing enough dmg (lvl 100 Heavy Gunners, Bombards, etc) just use Radial Blind (RB increases the dmg EB deals)

2le1ity.png

I know you said no Primed mods but it still works even w/o those primed mods so let me explain first. (
(I no longer remember how many forma you need to put in to make it work..... Id recommend putting a - on the aura for Corrosive Projection.... I was new back then and added V for Steel Charge :v)

Steel Charge: It gives a TON of mod capacity and it affects EB so why not? (Id recommend a - for CP though :/ )

Hand Spring: Exilus are optional but hand spring has saved my Excalibur countless of times.... I find it hard to pass up

Vitality: More HP

Quick Thinking, Flow: This is a life saver for high lvl endless. It simply allows you to not die and gives tons of energy for EB

Rage: This is what fuels the endless cycle. Take hits to get energy then lifestrike the HP back

Fleeting Expt, Continuity, Streamline: Power Efficiency and Duration lessens the drain on EB. With a max Fleeting and Streamline EB will drain about .6 energy per second. I decided to put in an r3 Fleeting with Continuity instead so that I can still rely on Radial Blind (Even with a non primed continuity you will still be able to reach an energy drain of below 1 per second)

Stretch: So that Radial Blind will cover a larger area

Now for the weapon build..... before we start I just want to make this clear

• EB is considered a Longsword so no matter which weapon you use, when you press 4, you will get the 10% dmg/speed bonus
  • EB has stats of its own!!! It isn't affected by whatever weapon you are using
  • EB has 15% Crit, x2 Crit Multiplier, 10% Status chance (These are Unaffected by whatever melee you equip)
  • EB's energy waves doesn't increase your combo timer but direct contact with the blade does
  • EB's energy waves will deal more dmg to units under the effect of Radial Blind

2r557vo.png

Pressure Point: For increased dmg

Spoiled Strike: For even more dmg. Because of Excal's passive you are only losing 10% aspd from this

Fury, Berserker: For more aspd. This isn't a power str build that makes EB oneshot everything on sight, this is a dps build

Life Strike: To regenerate HP

Organ Shatter: For increased crit dmg. (I tried true steel but it just increases getting the berserker procs. Organ Shatter actually adds more dps)

Elemental Combo: Use the specific element for each faction.

3 hours ago, Unitiatwow said:

Pm the title says all .. What is a good EB build .. I tried a few builds and most of them seem to fail due to quick energy starvation or lack of dmg ... No primed mods atm 

At zero Forma and with no really exotic mods, you could try this. Rage will help with Energy supply and you can also swap Steel Charge for Rejuvenation or Energy Siphon if you're willing to drop one point from Vigour.

With 4 Forma and an Exilis Adaptor you can do a bit more. That has room to place maxed-out Primed Flow and Primed Continuity too.

Weapon-wise, Exalted Blade benefits most from a crit-based mod set-up so as long as your weapon is built for crits anything should work. Just remember the Syndicate Augments and Acolyte mods don't work in Exalted Blade so skip those to get the most out of each slot.

The other thing to remember is how good Radial Blind is. Trying to see how much abuse your E key can handle is fun but the crowd control on Radial Blind, not to mention the kills it opens up, can be lifesavers.

What is your mod situation on your melee weapon? What are you trying to solo?

I find Excalibur to be very straightforward. I tweak all the time but generally I use all-around builds and all of his abilities on low power strength because his damage is fine and even if you go into a high level Grineer survival or something you can always use finishers to kill the heavy stuff near the end of the timer. No augment needed. I think my current build has Power Drift in it and I'm planning to drop that.

It's true I have Primed Pressure Point but that's a rather new mod still. My impression isn't based on that. Exalted Blade doesn't even care what melee weapon you use, it just inherits the benefits of the mods. If you've got max Pressure Point and three of the appropriate 90% elements on it for the enemies you should be fine for anything up to lv45.

I'd start with this and tweak as you feel the need. I think most of my builds I end up swapping Flow for knockdown recovery and duration from Constitution, but I have Zenurik energy regen going when I need it.

Steel Charge / Enemy Sense
Vitality / Armored Agility / Rapid Resilience / Intensify
Continuity / Flow / Streamline / Stretch

Edited by VKhaun

9 hours ago, 8BitCardinal said:

@Barracudao I'm triggered by that statement >:c

Anyways Excalibur IS ONE OF THE BEST SOLO FRAMES in game. He can take on EVERYTHING on the starmap and can actually SOLO HOUR LONG SURVIVALS.

Right now what you have to know is Power Str EB builds have been nerfed. EB now has a dmg drop off and the dash-E combo is basically sh*t now. If you want to become a god Excalibur you have to use the 2nd option.

The 2nd option is a dps EB. You wont be one-shotting enemies with a single wave but you will be able to lash a constant barrage of waves to take them out. This is backed up buy strong channeling efficiency. And if you ever find yourself not doing enough dmg (lvl 100 Heavy Gunners, Bombards, etc) just use Radial Blind (RB increases the dmg EB deals)

2le1ity.png

I know you said no Primed mods but it still works even w/o those primed mods so let me explain first. (
(I no longer remember how many forma you need to put in to make it work..... Id recommend putting a - on the aura for Corrosive Projection.... I was new back then and added V for Steel Charge :v)

Steel Charge: It gives a TON of mod capacity and it affects EB so why not? (Id recommend a - for CP though :/ )

Hand Spring: Exilus are optional but hand spring has saved my Excalibur countless of times.... I find it hard to pass up

Vitality: More HP

Quick Thinking, Flow: This is a life saver for high lvl endless. It simply allows you to not die and gives tons of energy for EB

Rage: This is what fuels the endless cycle. Take hits to get energy then lifestrike the HP back

Fleeting Expt, Continuity, Streamline: Power Efficiency and Duration lessens the drain on EB. With a max Fleeting and Streamline EB will drain about .6 energy per second. I decided to put in an r3 Fleeting with Continuity instead so that I can still rely on Radial Blind (Even with a non primed continuity you will still be able to reach an energy drain of below 1 per second)

Stretch: So that Radial Blind will cover a larger area

Now for the weapon build..... before we start I just want to make this clear

• EB is considered a Longsword so no matter which weapon you use, when you press 4, you will get the 10% dmg/speed bonus
  • EB has stats of its own!!! It isn't affected by whatever weapon you are using
  • EB has 15% Crit, x2 Crit Multiplier, 10% Status chance (These are Unaffected by whatever melee you equip)
  • EB's energy waves doesn't increase your combo timer but direct contact with the blade does
  • EB's energy waves will deal more dmg to units under the effect of Radial Blind

2r557vo.png

Pressure Point: For increased dmg

Spoiled Strike: For even more dmg. Because of Excal's passive you are only losing 10% aspd from this

Fury, Berserker: For more aspd. This isn't a power str build that makes EB oneshot everything on sight, this is a dps build

Life Strike: To regenerate HP

Organ Shatter: For increased crit dmg. (I tried true steel but it just increases getting the berserker procs. Organ Shatter actually adds more dps)

Elemental Combo: Use the specific element for each faction.

8 hours ago, WrathAscending said:

At zero Forma and with no really exotic mods, you could try this. Rage will help with Energy supply and you can also swap Steel Charge for Rejuvenation or Energy Siphon if you're willing to drop one point from Vigour.

With 4 Forma and an Exilis Adaptor you can do a bit more. That has room to place maxed-out Primed Flow and Primed Continuity too.

Weapon-wise, Exalted Blade benefits most from a crit-based mod set-up so as long as your weapon is built for crits anything should work. Just remember the Syndicate Augments and Acolyte mods don't work in Exalted Blade so skip those to get the most out of each slot.

The other thing to remember is how good Radial Blind is. Trying to see how much abuse your E key can handle is fun but the crowd control on Radial Blind, not to mention the kills it opens up, can be lifesavers.

7 hours ago, VKhaun said:

What is your mod situation on your melee weapon? What are you trying to solo?

I find Excalibur to be very straightforward. I tweak all the time but generally I use all-around builds and all of his abilities on low power strength because his damage is fine and even if you go into a high level Grineer survival or something you can always use finishers to kill the heavy stuff near the end of the timer. No augment needed. I think my current build has Power Drift in it and I'm planning to drop that.

It's true I have Primed Pressure Point but that's a rather new mod still. My impression isn't based on that. Exalted Blade doesn't even care what melee weapon you use, it just inherits the benefits of the mods. If you've got max Pressure Point and three of the appropriate 90% elements on it for the enemies you should be fine for anything up to lv45.

I'd start with this and tweak as you feel the need. I think most of my builds I end up swapping Flow for knockdown recovery and duration from Constitution, but I have Zenurik energy regen going when I need it.

Steel Charge / Enemy Sense
Vitality / Armored Agility / Rapid Resilience / Intensify
Continuity / Flow / Streamline / Stretch

Thank you guys a lot for the help ! That's why I love this community ! You are all true Tenno ! <3 

So , here is my current setup which drains my energy pretty quick and my Nikana Prime Setup ( I am wondering to switch to Broken War ) 

vxfrSCA.jpg

AXqkFa7.jpg

Any help will be appriciated Tenno ! 

+ And yeah , I have 1 forma on my Excal ! 

Edited by Unitiatwow
Added a bit more info ! :)

But , as you can see guys I am still new .. I don't have all the good /primed mods .. Not nuf' cores to upgrade my current mods and not nuf' credits to do so ... I want a good base to be able to do the end game content and not feel like a gah damned suitcase .. I feel ashamed and I feel useless a lot of the time ... The other frames that I have atm are Valkyr , Nyx Prime , Oberon , Mag ( don't like that grill ) , Excalibur , Ash Prime , Nekros ... I like Excal and I like Valkyr so do Ash Prime .. But atm my mods and my master rank ( 6 ) Are kinda' dragining me down .. Because I cannot use/buy Syndicate weapons or augments nor the good/usefeull mods because I do not have Platinum and I cannot afford to buy any right now ( Bills ... ) .. So any help is welcomed .. And If some1 say "git gud" still good mate I am open for critisism :) 

The toggle's energy drain is affected by both duration and efficiency. Reducing your duration makes it take energy a lot faster. Try swaping out Transient Fortitude for Continuity for a few games and then try Intensify in that slot for a few games. All three are V polarities.

The Nikana Prime (and Exalted Blade) have enough of a Crit chance to be worth making a Crit build around, like this. It'll also make Berserker amp up more quickly. I would suggest trading one Elemental mod out for Life Strike and trying to get Primed Pressure Point though. Life Strike is a mod that can keep you on your feet even when everything has gone wrong, especially with the range on Exalted Blade's energy waves.

1 hour ago, WrathAscending said:

The Nikana Prime (and Exalted Blade) have enough of a Crit chance to be worth making a Crit build around, like this. It'll also make Berserker amp up more quickly. I would suggest trading one Elemental mod out for Life Strike and trying to get Primed Pressure Point though. Life Strike is a mod that can keep you on your feet even when everything has gone wrong, especially with the range on Exalted Blade's energy waves.

I will try out this Nikana Build .. But I doubt I will soon lay my hands on Primed Pressure Point ... :| 

That build looks solid enough. Just remember to use Radial Blind. If you notice, when you kill enemies affected by Radial Blind the kill is considered a stealth kill and melee stealth attacks (iirc) deals x8 dmg. So remember, EB is nice but RB is your best friend. And don't be afraid to soak up some hits for energy. You can just RB and stealth finisher all the HP back