Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us A God Damn Kick Option

ShadesofWhites

Just got to level 20/20 for the Corrosive Projection in a 4 man group with 1 person afk the entire mission, and we failed at the last second. Give an option to kick players the F*** out.

Yes. I'm mad.

Similar experience a few minutes ago. 

no one is getting a kick button. closest thing that would even possibly happen is an idle kick.

just do what i do. the alert is an hour long. you see someone go afk after 5 waves, leave, and start a new one. OR, start a mission with friends.

And do you know how much a kick option would be abused?

A blacklist is a much better option for the community.

A kick option would be giving trolls and griefers another tool to use.

How would you feel if you had just killed a boss, got the final BP that you needed...and the rest of the group kicked you and you lost everything.

Or if you were just about to finish an alert for a BP that you really wanted and the rest of the group kicked you right before extraction and the alert had expired.

We dont need to give trolls and griefers the tools to be able to do that.

A blacklist would solve the problem just as well.

They have the ping option, how about take it a step further and add join/avoid Vote-Kick lobbies?

---Can't be used before X stage in X mission.

---Can't be used while Rare Items are present (not sure if possible)

---Can only be used once per mission

---Can only be used if not in a party (if there is a "party" system other than the 4 man lobby page)

These would prevent most trolling incidents.

Edited by ShadesofWhites

it would be even harder to find a group

That would be just the same as a ping limiter! That's a stupid idea...

Ohh wait.

If only people thought with the little thing in their head called a brain before blabbering spam into a post count.

---then they wouldn't have 100-900 posts saying "NOPE IZ NOT GUUD" with not only saying why it's NOT good, but ADDING TO WHAT WOULD MAKE IT GOOD. 

Edited by ShadesofWhites

Ohh wait.

If only people thought with the little thing in their head called a brain before blabbering spam into a post count.

should follow your own advice... im talking about ping AND (no)kick lobbies....and thats what youve said

and btw the post count isnt anything im interested in ;)

Edited by DaClaus

Ohh wait.

---then they wouldn't have 100-900 posts saying "NOPE IZ NOT GUUD" with not only saying why it's NOT good, but ADDING TO WHAT WOULD MAKE IT GOOD.

Why is this not good? Read my post above.

What would be a better option? Blacklists.

You would play at most one game with a troll and block them. Then you can no longer join games with them and they can no longer join your games.

Problems solved, everyones happy, and no trolling tools are given to the trolls.

Why is this not good? Read my post above.

What would be a better option? Blacklists.

You would play at most one game with a troll and block them. Then you can no longer join games with them and they can no longer join your games.

Problems solved, everyones happy, and no trolling tools are given to the trolls.

A blacklist implies you had to deal with a guy once, either staying, or leaving the game, both of which are negative. Then there is having to add them to the blacklist of people you probably won't have a chance in the world of being grouped with anyways. That is why it isn't good.

Having the option to NOT deal with the people already trolling, with the tools that aren't in there to stop them.

@ShadesofWhites

Its still a better option than giving the trolls and griefers a worse way to troll and grief than they currently have.

"option" my point exactly.

The option to quit a mission. That does absolutely nothing, and we already have it. So what's the point of a blacklist other than not  playing with a guy you probably never would afterwards anyways?

If me and my 2 random teammates, or friends, encounter one troll on a mission that may require 4 people, why should 3/4 have to quit the mission?

All I'm reading is that the best way to prevent people from trolling, is to allow the trolling. Why? Because the community is too lazy/dumb to try and figure out a plausible way to FIX the problem?

Edited by ShadesofWhites

It appears you have a case of ... YOU MAD BRO ?

sorry could't resist, anyways this is not about you kicking people but about afk kicker system that needs to be in game but only in online play not private matches.

Having a kick option can be abused easily.

You're getting abused either way, you lose an artifact cause of an AFK or you lose it cause they griefed you.

We need a good and non-abusive kick system, is the obvious answer.

btw, the example in the OP is kind of moot, kicking him or not wouldn't have requeued you for another player that late, if you can't win with 3 and an AFK, then you can't win with three.

A kick option would be giving trolls and griefers another tool to use.

How would you feel if you had just killed a boss, got the final BP that you needed...and the rest of the group kicked you and you lost everything.

Or if you were just about to finish an alert for a BP that you really wanted and the rest of the group kicked you right before extraction and the alert had expired.

Simple, make it so only the host can kick. And if someone is kicked, it just migrates the host so theyre playing in solo mode.

Simple, make it so only the host can kick. And if someone is kicked, it just migrates the host so theyre playing in solo mode.

I don't want to be left alone on wave 19 just cause some killjoy host didn't like being switch teleported 5 times >:

I don't want to be left alone on wave 19 just cause some killjoy host didn't like being switch teleported 5 times >:

It happens anyway if the host disconects from the internet. :p Its still a lot better solution than a vote kick. I believe hosts need more control over their game is all. If a host abuses it, blacklist them. It'd be simple really. Theres tons of good ideas, but just automatically assuming every host will abuse it is a little overly dramatic.

But yea, dont F*** with hosts and ya wont have to worry about it no? :p

Edited by unmog

And how many host migrations actually succeed and dont kick you back to the main menu?

Most host migrations will just kick you back to the main menu and you get nothing from the mission.

And then all it takes is a troll host to go "Hey we got the bp....time to kick everyone" and everyone loses everything.

And even if it does successfully drop you off into your own game, most people report bugs of not getting any of the mods they picked up earlier when they finish, or not being able to get the boss drops if they hadn't before the host migration, and in defense missions it'll commonly restart you at wave one, and this time without a party.

There are simply too many ways that can be used to troll with a kick option.

And how many host migrations actually succeed and dont kick you back to the main menu?

I've never got kicked to main menu other than in the void... DE changed that up for the void to protect a loophole to get essentially infinite void keys... I think its stupid though too.

Most host migrations will just kick you back to the main menu and you get nothing from the mission.

Not in my experience like I said, maybe things have gotten worse. But thats not really a fault on the idea, its a fault on host migration, and the need to fix it [apparently?]

And then all it takes is a troll host to go "Hey we got the bp....time to kick everyone" and everyone loses everything.

Typically, the host isnt the troll. If so, you can just as easily not play with a host and disconnect yourself from the internet anyway... not seeing the issue. Hosts still need tools at their disposal to control their gaming sessions, assuming every host will abuse it is laughably overly dramatic.

And even if it does successfully drop you off into your own game, most people report bugs of not getting any of the mods they picked up earlier when they finish, or not being able to get the boss drops if they hadn't before the host migration, and in defense missions it'll commonly restart you at wave one, and this time without a party.

Again, thats a bug, and should be fixed regardless dont ya think?

There are simply too many ways that can be used to troll with a kick option.

Right now all the power is in the trolls court, since there isnt any tools to deal with them. I see the problem dramatically different than you I guess, agree to disagree then. But doing nothing wont solve the problem with trolls. Hosts still need options to control who can play with them. Its their game after all, as theyre hosting it. If anyone should have the ability, it should be strictly the host. If a host abuses it, then there should be a way to blacklist that host so you dont play with them anymore.

Regardless, theres nothing stopping a troll host from disconnecting anyway to F*** with everyone currently right? So you would literally lose nothing by giving a host the ability to kick trouble makers.

I did just find this thread someone made about it though, I suggest posting there about some of these problems and +1ing it so maybe DE notices it sooner than later. I did :)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/68052-failure-to-migrate-host/

Edited by unmog