Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is How You Improve Blocking!

The_Markie

Firstly, I just wanna say that I love the current blocking animation, it's really awesome.

I've seen people coming up with mods that help improving blocking, but the problem is mods take up mod capacity and without them, the current blocking will still be awful as usual.

So, this is how you improve blocking: Each weapon has a specific % of deflecting/reflecting enemies' projectiles/bullets

(Like a freaking Jedi, HELL YEAH)

Here's how it should be (with a gif YAY):

star-wars-kid-jedi-o.gif

Edited by The_Markie

Blocking is nice for getting up close and personal with shotguns and/or melee weapons. I fully agree that we need better blocking, and I've thought for a while now that it would be awesome to swat away bullets as you race up to take out a group of enemies. This would also allow the devs to improve some severely underpowered weapons that might otherwise be overlooked. I'd gladly trade some melee damage for a high chance to block incoming rounds while using a fragile warframe.

Honestly, I can't find a spot on my keyboard with my custom key-binds that would actually make sense.  Already so many commands in the game, blocking kind of gets thrown aside because of how often you could simply move, but if I could find somewhere decent to put it in, then I'm sure I would use it more. 

But yeah, blocking could definitely use a little love and attention.  The whole consuming stamina idea behind it is kind of a huge minus for it too...

If by "people are suggesting new mods for blocking", you mean my post here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/67881-blocking-breathing-life-into-a-dead-feature/

then I suggest you actually read it. I suggested way more improvements to blocking, than just new mods.

And deflecting bullets is a pretty powerful thing to do. I think it is reasonable to ask for mod capacity to acquire such a powerful feature. If you would rather use other melee mods, so be it... you can't have everything at once.

If by "people are suggesting new mods for blocking", you mean my post here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/67881-blocking-breathing-life-into-a-dead-feature/

then I suggest you actually read it. I suggested way more improvements to blocking, than just new mods.

And deflecting bullets is a pretty powerful thing to do. I think it is reasonable to ask for mod capacity to acquire such a powerful feature. If you would rather use other melee mods, so be it... you can't have everything at once.

But my thread has better GIF :P

(Fat guy deflecting bullets, BADASS)