Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are dual graphics cards worth it?

lightdragon64

Hello!

so to be honest, this is not my first time building a PC, my current setup consists of pretty much some of the best components i could find including:
-16GB ram
-3TB Hard drive
-i7 processor
-and a GTX 1080

however i have the ability to put together a setup in which i could have 2 GPU's with an SLI bridge connection.

but the thing is i have no clue if it is worth the additional 600-700$ price tag.
from what i heard the setup is mostly meant for eye candy purposes, however i wouldn't really believe that people would be willing to spend twice the money on GPU's just for the sake of looks with no performance boost.

so tell me... is having a setup of multiple GPU's worth it? because it really seems easy for me to put together and i certainly have more than enough space, and power in my case to do it.

thanks for any info you might provide.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the subject, but I know for a fact that your current specs are among the best things you can currently find in the market. Adding $700 more for anything seems exacerbated to me, considering you are already above the obsolescence curve.