The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Good Is The Latron Prime?

GhostWOlf995

Latron totally favors the marksman. Getting multiple headshots in a row is rewarded with a quickly dying foe.

However when it comes to really late game when you are fighting things over lvl 50 armor ignoring damage starts to become way more important.

What everyone else has said. Very good weapon. You will need to, as with all things, forma it if you have maxed out mods.

You can't really compare it to the Boltor. Two very different styles. The Latron is a marksman's weapon and should be treated as such.

It's aiight... Just another gun. Pretty, but the main color can't be customized. Better than Boltor at being an automatic rifle, that shoots bolts? No. Being a accurate semi automatic rifle that has a decent damage per shot? Yeah it's okay. A boss killer it is not. Your fingers will be happier with an automatic weapon.

Edited by sushidubya

Eh I like the feel of the Latron Prime better than the boltor but I think the boltor's low accuracy kind of sucks and I prefer high accuracy over armor piercing however i really start to feel it when armor starts getting higher in those lvl 25 wavesT.T anyway to fix it's accuracy even a bit?

Best weapon in the game. 

Snipes better than sniper rifiles (if you need zoom there is a mod for it now)

1-shots most things so why use a shotgun?

Assault rifle... Need fast rate of fire?  Click faster or mod for it.

Accuracy - it hits where you aim.

Best weapon in the game by leagues and bounds and because you can't hold down left click with it, most have ignored it.

If you claim ogris is best you have not killed yourself with it.

As for fun, it is the least fun in the game.  1 guy has it, then the round will just be boring for the other 3, 2 guys or more have it, you better be one of them if you plan to kill with it since it kills faster than anything in the game.  2 feet into room, target mobs, click once per mob, move to next room...

I think we can step it up a bit and say it's in the top 3.

Sure but i would consider it #3 because the supra and the gorgon deal more damage. Supra and Latron Prime my favorite weapons. Almost all forma to max.

Edited by Ratrix

Sure but i would consider it #3 because the supra and the gorgon deal more damage. Supra and Latron Prime my favorite weapons. Almost all forma to max.

By more damage do you mean damage per shot?

Since otherwise the Latron Prime clearly wins since they basically have the same amount of ammo.

The Gorgon hits planes and does less damage than the Latron Prime.

Better than the Latron Prime? F*** NO. Supra I'll accept, but Gorgon is the worst of all worlds. Terrible ammo efficiency, terrible ammo recovery rate, low damage and horrid accuracy.

The Gorgon hits planes and does less damage than the Latron Prime.

Better than the Latron Prime? F*** NO. Supra I'll accept, but Gorgon is the worst of all worlds. Terrible ammo efficiency, terrible ammo recovery rate, low damage and horrid accuracy.

Judging from this I'm guessing the Supra is a must have.

DPM

What I want is overall Efficiency.

No point in an OP gun if it runs out of ammo before I even reach the boss.

Don't say ammo pack. If I have to use ammo pack on a gun before the fight with the boss even start it's clearly not the best choice of weapon.

Don't say Melee or Secondary either.

I want "Overall Efficiency"

I used the Gorgon before I know how fast the ammo runs out.

Only reason it wasn't a problem before U7 was because of the 2 74% max ammo mod I put on it.

Giving me around 2XX/12XX ammo.

What I want is overall Efficiency.

No point in an OP gun if it runs out of ammo before I even reach the boss.

Don't say ammo pack. If I have to use ammo pack on a gun before the fight with the boss even start it's clearly not the best choice of weapon.

Don't say Melee or Secondary either.

I want "Overall Efficiency"

I used the Gorgon before I know how fast the ammo runs out.

Only reason it wasn't a problem before U7 was because of the 2 74% max ammo mod I put on it.

Giving me around 2XX/12XX ammo.

I never run out of ammo on supra unless i am doing defense at wave 40+

Also i don't use ammo mods.