The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Vs. Experiance

Aero-929

Aero-929, and I am saying mastery rank has it's purposes. It's one purpose. Your suggestion will water down what it stands for now.

There are people (myself included) who see mastery rank as this one message "I have done many different things". This is our badge (or some may call "e-peen"). A change like this will only make it weaker (and my e-peen smaller).

Aero-929, and I am saying mastery rank has it's purposes. It's one purpose. Your suggestion will water down what it stands for now.

There are people (myself included) who see mastery rank as this one message "I have done many different things". This is our badge (or some may call "e-peen"). A change like this will only make it weaker (and my e-peen smaller).

Fair Point. I actually really don't want to argue that point because I see the value (in those terms) in keeping that intact.

Touché with the "e-peen"

You have spoken to my inner gamer, that said-never question my sandwich making skills again...lmao.

Fair Point. I actually really don't want to argue that point because I see the value (in those terms) in keeping that intact.

Touché with the "e-peen"

You have spoken to my inner gamer, that said-never question my sandwich making skills again...lmao.

I'm sure your sandwiches are delicious. Was good talkin' with ya.

Forgive me if I missed it but why do you want mastery from leveling the same weapons over and over again.

Others that have posted in this thread have made great points in stating that A. the polarity slot alone is worth the forma and B. if you're happy with what you have why do you even need more mastery?

Another thing is honestly its not that hard to level weapons/frames once you have a god teir weapon you can group up in mobile defenses and endless defenses and still hold you're own while leeching xp on the weapons you're not using.

I've done many defenses and mobiles defenses on a lvl 0 frame with garbage secondary and melee weapons using say ultra forma'd latron prime killing 150-450 enemies on high level defenses getting xp for the fodder weapons. It's not hard to get mastery level's so why cheapen it farther?

Forgive me if I missed it but why do you want mastery from leveling the same weapons over and over again.

Others that have posted in this thread have made great points in stating that A. the polarity slot alone is worth the forma and B. if you're happy with what you have why do you even need more mastery?

Another thing is honestly its not that hard to level weapons/frames once you have a god teir weapon you can group up in mobile defenses and endless defenses and still hold you're own while leeching xp on the weapons you're not using.

I've done many defenses and mobiles defenses on a lvl 0 frame with garbage secondary and melee weapons using say ultra forma'd latron prime killing 150-450 enemies on high level defenses getting xp for the fodder weapons. It's not hard to get mastery level's so why cheapen it farther?

Right, maybe you should read the thread than post...thank you for your feed back though.

No.  

This is from somone with 9 weapons forma'd 4 times over and 5 frames forma'd at least 3 times. I should probably be mastery 15 from all the lvling but releveling you're weapons should not gain mastery.

I beleive the intent was to get people to try out different weapons to get a feel for everything not so you could get you're fav and never use anything else.

But what if a Person Maxes out everything and so on?

Should he just sit and Fourm @#&*( all day?

Joy get's taken out once you get to the top with nothing to do.

I Speak from Experience.

As long as mastery-players can't simultaneously get polarizations, neither can polarization-players simultaneously get mastery. Even if they don't really make sense, they really shouldn't favor one group over the other.

Not that I would oppose a change on that front. I'd like to polarize, but I've gotta get mastery if I want the new toys (also, getting forma is a pain, but I digress). At the same time, it does not feel good to have exclusive items knowing some people lack them because of perfectly valid reasons, like real life obligations. I want them to have fun too, I don't want to feel like they have to be left out in order to appeal to crazy people like me.

To be perfectly honest, if I could pay real cash money to never have to deal with affinity again, I would do so in a heartbeat. I don't play this to grind loot, I play to have fun with friends. I feel like I could focus on that more when all the grinding is over and behind me. Of course, other people might find satisfaction in other things, but like Forma, it could be an optional thing. (Note: Affinity boosters do not solve this problem. Also they seem kind of expensive for what they do.)

I'm just throwing an idea out here, but maybe some kind of $30 30-day "universal booster" that cranks up all rewards to 11; players who do 2 hours a day could get mastery, mods, and crafting resources in a sane timeframe, and crazy dedicated players could choose to breeze past content gates they feel are in the way of their enjoyment of the game. In paying for it, the developers get more money that in turn benefits everyone else. It wouldn't be a gameplay advantage, players would just get to the end faster if they choose.

Edited by PositronicSpleen

A good point...for those who did not go Founder, or have money to buy Platinum...it is much more rare to come across these things. Does that detract from the value of the limited amount of things they are able to accomplish? I'm hoping to get a view point of someone who hasn't invested much in platinum to get a good contrast against those us us whom have the resources to play with a large variety of weapons and frames. 

If the point of mastery is to encourage people to try new weapons, then you shouldn't let people gain mastery by having a weapon equipped and not actually using it. I don't see how you can legitimately disallow someone gaining mastery from a forma'd weapon without disallowing people to level a weapon through equipping it and not using it.  

Also the same logic that dictates that a player should be rewarded leveling a weapon all the way to 30 dictates he should be rewarded for leveling a forma'd version of a weapon to 30. If using the weapon with more mods in it is more likely going to get him to appreciate the weapon, a forma'd version would let him try a higher amount of mods in the weapon then the original level to 30 and would be even more likely to get him to like it. 

Finally, mastery is the primary form of progression. It would be bad to scare people off from progressing their character by forcing them to use weapons that they dislike or hate using. Letting them progress through formaing weapons they like using would be a way to avoid that without having them avoid the tedious work of leveling so many weapons.

Edited by aTaVaX

If the point of mastery is to encourage people to try new weapons, then you shouldn't let people gain mastery by having a weapon equipped and not actually using it. I don't see how you can legitimately disallow someone gaining mastery from a forma'd weapon without disallowing people to level a weapon through equipping it and not using it.  Also the same logic that dictates that a player should be rewarded leveling a weapon all the way to 30 dictates he should be rewarded for leveling a forma'd version of a weapon to 30. If using the weapon with more mods in it is more likely going to get him to appreciate the weapon, a forma'd version would let him try a higher amount of mods in the weapon then the original level to 30 and would be even more likely to get him to like it. 

Finally, mastery is the primary form of progression. It would be idiotic to scare everyone off from progressing their character by forcing them to use weapons that they dislike or hate using. Letting them progress through formaing weapons they like using would be a way to avoid that without having them avoid the tedious work of leveling so many weapons.

Good logic, thank you for your input!

If the point of mastery is to encourage people to try new weapons, then you shouldn't let people gain mastery by having a weapon equipped and not actually using it. I don't see how you can legitimately disallow someone gaining mastery from a forma'd weapon without disallowing people to level a weapon through equipping it and not using it.  

Also the same logic that dictates that a player should be rewarded leveling a weapon all the way to 30 dictates he should be rewarded for leveling a forma'd version of a weapon to 30. If using the weapon with more mods in it is more likely going to get him to appreciate the weapon, a forma'd version would let him try a higher amount of mods in the weapon then the original level to 30 and would be even more likely to get him to like it. 

Finally, mastery is the primary form of progression. It would be bad to scare people off from progressing their character by forcing them to use weapons that they dislike or hate using. Letting them progress through formaing weapons they like using would be a way to avoid that without having them avoid the tedious work of leveling so many weapons.

The only reason you gain xp from not using weapons is shared xp. If they take away shared xp then there is almost no reason to play in groups. The game has no way of figuring out what weapon you may switch too to try and get a kill and if you've ever played with in a group you'd know that getting individual kills can be hard as *@( going against geared players/guns/ult's so its necessary to get shared xp. If you've played solo you know that you do not get xp for any weapon you don't use.

I fully support this idea.  If you gain MP for re-leveling weapons; people who are having an exceptionally hard time choosing which weapons to keep and which to get rid of due to cost for more slots, can simply forma weapons they know they like to experience more of the game in it's entirety.  Certain weapons are xp locked rank 7 in the dojo is seemingly impossible to get for some because they don't have the space to acquire additional weapons to level and do not want to rid themselves of what they have for a lower valued weapon in their opinion.

As for making mastery too easy to get... at lvl 10 you need a LOT of MP to rank up, 3k per weapon/forma is just a drop in the bucket

****Hellscare's Seal of Approval****

```````````````````````````````````````````

Regards,

Hellscare

The only reason you gain xp from not using weapons is shared xp. If they take away shared xp then there is almost no reason to play in groups. The game has no way of figuring out what weapon you may switch too to try and get a kill and if you've ever played with in a group you'd know that getting individual kills can be hard as *@( going against geared players/guns/ult's so its necessary to get shared xp. If you've played solo you know that you do not get xp for any weapon you don't use.

The point is that it is extremely common for people to level weapons without using them at all. When you accept that, it is hard to justify treating the leveling of a forma'd weapon different from the first time with a weapon for mastery. 

The point is that it is extremely common for people to level weapons without using them at all. When you accept that, it is hard to justify treating the leveling of a forma'd weapon different from the first time with a weapon for mastery.

As I said before its only to not screw over people that group up from getting xp on anything. It's abused I'll give you that but if they took shard xp away what purpose would grouping serve?

Polarizing has a strong purpose it doesn't need to add more mastery xp. Even with the op's suggested half mastery xp polarizing a weapon twice gives 2250 mastery almost a new weapon and frames would get 4500 mastery from 2 times. That is a lot of mastery. If you look back to when they took out buying the same weapon and lvling it again for more mastery they did it because it took away the reason to try new weapons and giving mastery levels for polarized weapons/frames does the same.

As I said before its only to not screw over people that group up from getting xp on anything. It's abused I'll give you that but if they took shard xp away what purpose would grouping serve?

Polarizing has a strong purpose it doesn't need to add more mastery xp. Even with the op's suggested half mastery xp polarizing a weapon twice gives 2250 mastery almost a new weapon and frames would get 4500 mastery from 2 times. That is a lot of mastery. If you look back to when they took out buying the same weapon and lvling it again for more mastery they did it because it took away the reason to try new weapons and giving mastery levels for polarized weapons/frames does the same.

it can't take away the reason for leveling mastery because its already gone is my point. If people don't try out the weapon, then allowing forma to level mastery can't take away that purpose. It doesn't matter why they still have group xp, they have it, and it does its damage.

aTaVaX, on 22 Jun 2013 - 9:16 PM, said:

it can't take away the reason for leveling mastery because its already gone is my point. If people don't try out the weapon, then allowing forma to level mastery can't take away that purpose. It doesn't matter why they still have group xp, they have it, and it does its damage.

Its gone because there isn't a solution to shared xp. I'd be ok with them removing shared xp but why group?

Its gone because there isn't a solution to shared xp. I'd be ok with them removing shared xp but why group?

I disagree with this. Shared xp has it's place. When you use a trinity in a group, she is designated to keep team members on their feet and killing. She cannot keep up with the large dmg AOE's. Sharing the xp allows for better group cohesion instead of fighting over who gets the most kills. That said, I think that is a little off topic.

By using Forma on a weapon if you gave only a half xp value, it may or may not be a good idea. I think there has been great points on both sides of this argument. At the end of the day though, would it be more fun for player across the board, if we all got a little something extra for taking our weapons that extra mile? Yes some of us have worked very hard grinding weapons we don't like to make the statement..."I have played through a great deal many things." That is something to be proud of and so is Mastery level alone to show the amount of time and effort spent playing the game. However, if I was not a GM and I didn't have resources/slots, to play with a wide variety of weapons and frames, getting that Forma drop to re-level and make what I did have better would really help to feel like they weren't left out for not spending real money on the game.

I don't know coding well enough to determine how difficult it would be to write a code that would devalue xp (such as 50 instead of a 100 for a new weapon, or even 25) on Forma'd items. 

Ultimately I can see value to both sides. But, I say this not having to be a player that never has to worry about an open slot for a weapon or frame. I am not sure how I would feel if I was unable to obtain a higher master due to monetary limitations.