Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Naplamers

Kuari

As it is, these artifact defense missions are a bit silly/ridiculous.

I did a Corpus one earlier, and my friend and I were on Skype talking about it.

Just how ARE you supposed to ever do one of those without a Frost, anyways?

Frost and Snowglobe is pretty much Mandatory if you want to have any chance at being successful whatsoever.

I mean, seriously, 20+ level 70 enemies, all armed with pew pew guns everywhere in the level? hahaha yeah right.

We got through the mission (barely, we almost lost it a couple times), but without Frost and Snowglobe? I just don't see it being possible.

Frost and Snowglobe is pretty much Mandatory if you want to have any chance at being successful whatsoever.

I mean, seriously, 20+ level 70 enemies, all armed with pew pew guns everywhere in the level? hahaha yeah right.

We got through the mission (barely, we almost lost it a couple times), but without Frost and Snowglobe? I just don't see it being possible.

Well the game isn't scaled well for high levels (if this wasn't obvious already). Frost being mandatory can only be fixed by either nerfing Snowglobe to the point where other Warframe abilities do a similar amount of work, or they release another Warframe with a similar ability to Snowglobe so that instead of Frost being mandatory it's Frost or the other Warframe instead.

Well the game isn't scaled well for high levels (if this wasn't obvious already). Frost being mandatory can only be fixed by either nerfing Snowglobe to the point where other Warframe abilities do a similar amount of work, or they release another Warframe with a similar ability to Snowglobe so that instead of Frost being mandatory it's Frost or the other Warframe instead.

Or maybe it doesn't need to be fixed since there's no way of surviving when a single bullet is doing 20000 damage when it's fired by a level 1000 enemy.

Vauban, Loki, Ember, Excalibur

We were all clanmates. Did both alerts together - Corpus (25 wave) and Grineer (20 wave) (Infested is run-of-the-mill and I wasn't awake for that this morning, so yeah)

Corpus defense was a snorefest, leveled on it with a Rank 10 Excalibur and a Rank 14 Latron Prime (btw, great gun). Grineer defense was the most fun I've had in this game thus far, artifact dropped to ~40% multiple times (when I disarmed a grineer, he did 20% a hit on the artifact @ wave 19), we used the in-game team speak because we had to call out so much info to coordinate and really get the artifact's HP and our own up to speed, ran with 4x energy siphon. 

We also had a system of marking Grineer with flamethrowers to burst down cause holy hell do those guys hurt. 

It's not impossible or even extremely difficult, but I'll be damned if it's not fun or hectic. I want more goal-based content that really pumps adrenaline like this and a handful of people in this community need to stop being carebears to ask for downgrades on difficulty to make it "soloable" or "non-specific frame required".

Edited by Aishi

It's not impossible or even extremely difficult, but I'll be damned if it's not fun or hectic. I want more goal-based content that really pumps adrenaline like this and a handful of people in this community need to stop being carebears to ask for downgrades on difficulty to make it "soloable" or "non-specific frame required".

The game has a "solo" option, therefore missions should be "soloable". I'm not saying difficulty should be lowered for full teams, but it should scale properly for one or two players.

And the game should not require a solo player to run a specific frame. That's a bad design choice.

The game has a "solo" option, therefore missions should be "soloable". I'm not saying difficulty should be lowered for full teams, but it should scale properly for one or two players.

And the game should not require a solo player to run a specific frame. That's a bad design choice.

Couldn`t agree more.

Or maybe it doesn't need to be fixed since there's no way of surviving when a single bullet is doing 20000 damage when it's fired by a level 1000 enemy.

I don't understand. Are you saying that Frost should remain broken because enemy scaling is also broken? Shouldn't we fix both?

this all insinuates that there should be a damage cap on enemies weapons, which would turn the difficulty factor to a maximum instead of unlimited.

frosts snowglobe is an important ability. its only really useful in end game, just as much as lokis radial disarm, or nyxs chaos. they dont have much purpose and are clunky outside of their specific uses, but thats their charm. some abilities are way more important late in the game.

back on track with the OPs post. they cant actually shoot through the snowglobe. youre seeing 1 of 2 things. either

A. the connection to the host is lagging and you see the enemy outside the globe when its really inside, or

B. the placement of the gun just happens to be inside the globe when they are outside. this tends to be most noticable with heavy gunners, since their gorgons stick pretty far into the globe. they keep their fire rate, but can fire bullets inside the globe. bullets are designated from the tips of guns, not the center of the model like most games. this mechanic is the game exploiting its own code. i find it infatuating. the game is getting smarter!

OOOOORRRR, you could be proactive as a collective team and take care of problem enemies before they come in range of the artifact.

this event wasnt intended to be possible running solo, so if youre failing when running solo, thats your problem right there. those pandering and saying that they should give options for those that only want to run this way, there actually is a system in place for just that occasion. its the collective spawn rate. when theres less players, mobs spawn at a slower pace. this wont stop you from getting hammered, but it does make waves possible. granted, youre NOT going to be able to handle rank 70 enemies by yourself if youre not geared for it. this comes back around to teamwork and how powerful it really is.

if your team has no sense of teamwork, thats not the games/devs problem, thats society and its attention span screwing you over.

the event CAN be done without snowglobe. you just need to be proactive and take care of things before it gets out of hand, which is rather difficult without that protective barrier. its there as a last defense sort of thing, a safety net if you will incase teammates mess up. its not impossible to win without snowglobe..

Edited by Satwo

back on track with the OPs post. they cant actually shoot through the snowglobe. youre seeing 1 of 2 things. either

A. the connection to the host is lagging and you see the enemy outside the globe when its really inside, or

B. the placement of the gun just happens to be inside the globe when they are outside. this tends to be most noticable with heavy gunners, since their gorgons stick pretty far into the globe. they keep their fire rate, but can fire bullets inside the globe. bullets are designated from the tips of guns, not the center of the model like most games. this mechanic is the game exploiting its own code. i find it infatuating. the game is getting smarter!

Or C., which I've noticed myself: the AoE of the fire explosion is so massive that it affects everything inside the Snow Globe. You don't take full damage, but with their new RoF a single heavy can constantly keep your shields from regenerating.

(edit: I'm talking about napalm heavies, I think the Ignis shoots through the globe though I could be wrong)

Edited by The_Doc

Did the Grineer one with two nyx's, an ember, and myself on a Shee. Wasn't hard once I noticed I joined ~7 waves in and stopped trying to be my usual suicidal orthos helicopter and started being a smart orthos helicopter.

Did the Infested one with three excals and myself on Shee. Wasn't hard, period. Only one energy siphon, I was the only one who was willing to use melee. Sonic Boom with maxed stretch is OP lol

Did the Corpus one with two excals, a loki, and myself on Volt. Wasn't hard, only double ulted on the last wave. After we finished I realized I could have ulted a lot more than I did, since my energy pool only fell below 100 like twice (and I have maxed streamline).

The Grineer one's the only really "difficult" one, and that's mostly because you need AP to even damage them, and the Napalm guys have insane damage. Bring one of the holy trinity (Nyx, Frost, Vauban), and it'll be easy modo. Infested is always easy if you have one of a different holy trinity (Nyx, Bnashee, Vauban) or just a good melee weapon and something you can either def-ignore with or always hit weak points with (for ancients). Corpus is just like Grineer, only add Volt to the trinity to make a fourth musketeer. Saryn can also carry if done right thanks to Miasma being def-ignoring.

Oh and anything + Ogris will carry, too.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I didn't find them a problem on the defense missions, when I played we had a S#&$ load of lag, 1 banshee, 2 ash, and an excalibur, and the napalm weren't a problem for us even on wave 20, we just always killed them before they got in range. Only once did the artifact come close to being destroyed.

Ancients can use their extendable arm attack through the globe...

I do agree that Frost is pretty much mandatory for defence.  I usually do the Pluto Corpus ones, and everything past wave 5 is almost impossible without Frost.