Blueprint drop fixes

kernel_mode

... So let's take a scenario.

4 player team

Player 1 has 20 chassies

Player 2 has 20 systems.

Player 3 has 20 Helms.

Player 4 has nothing.

The boss is golem, they are going to volt each. Player 4 asside, each player needs the other 2 drops...

Are you saying you want golem to forever drop daggers for these players?

4 player team

Player 1 has 20 chassies

Player 2 has 20 systems.

Player 3 has 20 Helms.

Player 4 has nothing.

The boss is golem, they are going to volt each. Player 4 asside, each player needs the other 2 drops...

I am suggesting personalized drops. Each player will get unique drop.

4 player team

Player 1 has 20 chassies

Player 2 has 20 systems.

Player 3 has 20 Helms.

Player 4 has nothing.

i think the TC wants player-specific drops instead of run-specific drops.

in which case;

/no support

i think the TC wants player-specific drops instead of run-specific drops.

in which case;

/no support

Yes, exactly. Why no support? Grinding blueprints like that seems boring and not rewarding. Typical MMO experience. On the other side, paying for warframes just removes purpose from the game and makes it very short. If we had much tougher bosses and player-specific drops it would be much more interesting. And by saying much tougher bosses I do not mean HP increase, but amount of teamwork and skill required to kill them.

Examine this:

Day 1) Such a cool game. Gameplay is awesome, art is unique

Day 3) Leveling is smooth. I am enjoying the game while getting levels. No aspects of 'grinding'

Day 5) My Excalibur is almost 30, but this game has tons of other warframes and weapons to level, going on! *Excited by this game*

Day 6) Farming new warframe parts...

Day 7) Farming new warframe parts... Seems a bit grindish, only 1 blueprint so far and it dropped twice to me

Day 8) Tired of farming... Going to get some rubido for my blueprint

Day 9) Farming rubido...

Day 10) Farming Ember parts...

Day 11) Farming rubido again... *Bored so much*

Day 10) Whew, a new warframe. I am lucky, for some people here it took a week to get all blueprints

Day 15) New warframe is lvl 30 now... Quit

Getting rare items and blueprints should not be grindish like hell, it should be challenging. It have to take a lot of time, but this time shouldn't be spent on (I'll say this word again) grinding. Is there something illogical in my words?

PS Sorry for possible typos.

Edited by kernel_mode

@TC

well it takes away other resources.

the way the game is done currently, where everyone gets the same drops, makes sense logically and (as long it doesnt last to long) makes the grind fun.

your suggestion is entirely "four runs your done' for every warframe - which isnt good from a buisiness standpoint as there is no incentive to BUY the warframe. the grind is how free to play games convince users to spend money. if you dont like it, im sorry, to say, dont play the game.

@TC

the way the game is done currently, where everyone gets the same drops, makes sense logically and (as long it doesnt last to long) makes the grind fun.

your suggestion is entirely "four runs your done' for every warframe - which isnt good from a buisiness standpoint as there is no incentive to BUY the warframe. the grind is how free to play games convince users to spend money. if you dont like it, im sorry, to say, dont play the game.

Based on the OP, there would still be runs where no blueprints drop. But you wouldn't get so many extra copies of Warframe parts.

Based on the OP, there would still be runs where no blueprints drop. But you wouldn't get so many extra copies of Warframe parts.

Yeh, but in place of those you'd have to just get nothing. The game can't give out exactly what you need every time.

What we really need is a way to delete/sell duplicate prints.

You might think getting all the the frames is the point of the game.

But I doubt that.

Once we get more competetive modes then the point of this game is you being succesful in them.

Not farm and grind.

It still is going to be one part of this game tho.

Anyway, a good requirement for getting blueprint parts and maybe crafting items too, should definitely be that you complete different missions. Not the same one all the time. Now there's no variation in farming for one certain frame and it gets tedius pretty fast.

Maybe you'd have to play trough all the missions in the region and then defeat the boss. This gives you a blueprint. Without it being a random drop.

If you want another part, you'd have to do the same thing again.

So, this would give at least a bit more variation than defeating only the boss again and again and hope you get lucky.

Edited by Kaiku

You might think getting all the the frames is the point of the game.

But I doubt that.

Once we get more competetive modes then the point of this game is you being succesful in them.

Not farm and grind.

It still is going to be one part of this game tho.

Anyway, a good requirement for getting blueprint parts and maybe crafting items too, should definitely be that you complete different missions. Not the same one all the time. Now there's no variation in farming for one certain frame and it gets tedius pretty fast.

Maybe you'd have to play trough all the missions in the region and then defeat the boss. This gives you a blueprint. Without it being a random drop.

If you want another part, you'd have to do the same thing again.

So, this would give at least a bit more variation than defeating only the boss again and again and hope you get lucky.

This seems to be a good idea. Varied grind :).

@TC

Actually, the idea was not to decrease ammount of time you play the game. The idea was about to chage the way you get blueprints.

If we had much tougher bosses and player-specific drops it would be much more interesting. And by saying much tougher bosses I do not mean HP increase, but amount of teamwork and skill required to kill them.

Challenging bosses and teamwork.

I can buy all warframes, but it will just reduce the time I can play this game to a month or so. I don't see purpose in buying warframes now (leveling - fast, getting mods - fast and this is fine). If you have all warframes you just can level them up in no-challenge environment and that's all. So I can't say that today's business model is good. Right now the only thing can keep you playing is grind, and I don't think it is right.

Edited by kernel_mode