Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking Option to Join a Random Mission

BubblesTheBlob

I was thinking one thing that could possibly help the New Player Experience post-SOTR would be to have some sort of option for players to search public parties in their currently-unlocked areas to match them with other players. This could also place heavy prioritization on missions that the player hasn't completed yet.

Why suggest this? One question I see asked very often by new players in region chat (talking about those who either just barely completed Vor's Prize, or haven't even gotten to that point) is "how do I play online?" or "how do I play multiplayer" (and those are direct quotes, I'm not joking) because they don't know that you can get match-made into public parties on whichever tile you choose so long as they're under the Matchmaking Ping Limit set in options (and if they have an open spot). Many look at the Solar map and think "where is everyone??" when most of the players are right under their nose, playing missions that can help them progress instead of having to play solo all the time. It's not the biggest problem in Warframe, but I've seen a few players in region get bummed out and consider uninstalling because they can't find a party and don't know enough about the game to play solo with weak equipment (like one in particular before SOTR who was stuck on an interception on Mars because he couldn't keep enough points captured. He allegedly ran it 10 times before I stepped in).

This would benefit everyone, but mostly newer players and those who haven't completed their solar map. New players get people to play with so they aren't alone as they try to progress, intermediate/experienced players get squadmates to run harder missions and finish map completion, and veteran players (those who actually do have a complete solar map) get potentially more content out of the current gameplay systems without having to push out any reworks or big changes.

+ 1

At times there are specific things I'd like to accomplish in a game session. And at other times would be happy to just jump into a random mission for something different to do - just need time to equip the appropriate frame and/or weapons based on the mission type. Also, I've had help in missions, and am more than happy to help out others.

Edited by JohnnyQuantum