Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Cache sound

Lunarwolf76

I don't want to sound ungrateful for the well built game, but I have a problem that is not your problem, but you might be able to provide a solution. When I want to hunt rare cache's, I cannot depend on the sound. It's there alright, but I cannot focus on listening for the sound, because with the sound level of my children, (pretty much deafening), I enter a state of overload very rapidly. I have even moved my computer elsewhere in the house, but it does not really help. What I am suggesting, is perhaps a visual distortion near the corners or edges of the screen, when getting close to one. This would also allow me to keep the music on, instead of having to turn it off to listen. I know this is my problem, but if you could assist me with it, that would be awesome! Thank you.

Equip Loot Detector + Theif's Wit on your frame and give your sentinel Animal Instinct, and then just check every container/loot icon on the minimap during a mission.

Edited by PhrozenPhyr

Both great ideas! Unfortunately, they already have a certain amount of destroy the house going. It's actually the wife who detests the headphones so much.... She gets mad because I don't hear what she says. If I don't hear her, she ceases to exist, at least in her mind.

Edit: While those are both definitely great ideas, the point is that I can't always hear it safely, and I'm willing to bet that some older people, SOME, may have troubles hearing it because of upper end hearing loss. My problem is that sonic overload is ALWAYS just around the corner, no matter how noisy it is or isn't. What if someone is deaf, you don't want them to play this at all? I did the break every container in the area, especially for syndicates. It got to the point where I'd much rather try to pick the individual pieces out, instead of clean sweeping the entire stage. Maybe a difference on the minimap, i don't know. I just need help, and bet others do too.

Edited by Lunarwolf76
Got irritated, wanted to add more.