The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant return to menu due to lag

Cmdr-A

Ever since Specters of the Rail update, the game has been causing almost every other mission as of late to send my computer back to the ship. If I try to rejoin I'll get an instant host migration that stays stuck for a minute or two and get punted back to the ship again.

It seems theres a serious performance issue with lower end pc systems / laptops. Currently I am using a laptop and am getting these issues almost nonstop. I imagine this is due to the system lagging and taking a while to load into the mission, but the amount this is happening is kind of starting to get frustrating because I cannot join in on public games as much as I'd like to now. And if its a repeat mission you wanna do, like an invasion, you'll most likely get booted back out again repeatedly. Even when playing with friends privately this gets tedious because after the first one or two missions, you'll not be able to play with them afterwards and can't rejoin into the mission they are in.

I had the same problem. It seems the game had a problem with the UPnP. To fix this I turned it off, restarted the game, turned it back on, and restarted the game. Now it i works fine. When you log on, do you get a message that says something like the ports are not forwarded.

2 minutes ago, aleco247 said:

I had the same problem. It seems the game had a problem with the UPnP. To fix this I turned it off, restarted the game, turned it back on, and restarted the game. Now it i works fine. When you log on, do you get a message that says something like the ports are not forwarded.

Nah, nothing about ports. This is physical hardware performance issues. My laptops about 2 years old, so its not the best since it was a semi budget laptop. around 600-800 at the time. I just notice some severe game freezing at the time of loading into mission, then i get in, people are standing in place running and I get a message saying you're going to be returned to menu. Its only on my laptop. My PC is fine, but I am not able to use my PC for the past 5 weeks due to issues with its hardware.