Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you do if you had some Platinum?

sookster

Question

So I am a complete nooby.  Been playing for about a week.  I'm currently working on getting my archwing made in the forgery.  My next goal is to get harvesters up as well as trying to find out where components for Rhino are dropped.  I have like half of his stuff to make a warframe.  And I would LOVE to play another frame.  That would be so cool.  I am kind of tired of excaliber.

I am going to get some spare money that is owed to me, and I am considering buying some plat with it.  Now personally, I would like to buy another frame.  But someone on these boards specifically said to never buy frames.  I would buy cosmetics, but I don't like excaliber to really do that, at least at this point.  I haven't really fell in love with him so to speak.  So if you were to buy a frame, who would you get?

Finally, if you had plat, what would you get?  There is so much stuff to buy, I'm kind of at lost as to what makes the most sense to me, because I am that nooby.

The advise and direction is greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, sookster said:

So I am a complete nooby.  Been playing for about a week.  I'm currently working on getting my archwing made in the forgery.  My next goal is to get harvesters up as well as trying to find out where components for Rhino are dropped.  I have like half of his stuff to make a warframe.  And I would LOVE to play another frame.  That would be so cool.  I am kind of tired of excaliber.

I am going to get some spare money that is owed to me, and I am considering buying some plat with it.  Now personally, I would like to buy another frame.  But someone on these boards specifically said to never buy frames.  I would buy cosmetics, but I don't like excaliber to really do that, at least at this point.  I haven't really fell in love with him so to speak.  So if you were to buy a frame, who would you get?

Finally, if you had plat, what would you get?  There is so much stuff to buy, I'm kind of at lost as to what makes the most sense to me, because I am that nooby.

The advise and direction is greatly appreciated.

never buy frames in the market...you can have them all for free just by playing the game. Buy slots for warframe and weapons to get started :) cosmetics are nice but not essential in the game. slots for frames and weapons are since they can let you rank up. Build essential frames for the game and explore the map ! Have fun tenno :) 

New player myself.

Do not buy frames or weapons with platinum. Like others have said, buy equipment slots and that's it. And cosmetics if it's your thing, not the helmets though, since they're super easy to get in game from what i've seen.

Basically, don't try to chase this one specific item or that one frame, because in many cases, it'll frustrate you, be patient, it'll save you a lot of money.

And you'll get a ton of gear in no time. For instance, i realised yesterday i had all the parts to craft Ivara, somehow, i was like, ok cool, so i just started crafting it. Same happened for stuff like Nyx, Nova prime, and quite a number of other frames. Just play, and before you realise it, your foundry will pill up tons of recipes.

Now it's ok to spend some cash, i mean, you play a game for 50-100 hours, the studio behind it deserves their 50 bucks, but be careful, those free to play games are real cash sinks, that's their very purpose.

If you've recently picked up the game, I HIGHLY recommend picking up a fair amount of weapon and warframe slots. These are infinitely useful as if you find any weapon you like, you can keep them without worrying about having to drop them in favor for levelling something new. 

An optional second priority, would be to pick up the Carrier Sentinel. It will keep you from missing resources and other drops that you might accidentally miss. It's Vacuum ability is helpful to everyone, and would be beneficial for a new player in general.

After slots, the next best thing would be cosmetics, like Skins, Syandanas and such. Avoid Buying alternate helmets that aren't Tennogen Helmets. All of the non-Tennogen helmets are in the alert rotation, allowing you to get them for free at a slower rate, if you're not in a rush.

Also worth mentioning, once you get farther in and can start collecting prime parts and some rare mods, you can also trade for platinum.