Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Option To Self Kill.

Kyver

I may get some grief for suggesting this. But until the map holes are fixed this could be used as a temporary measure.

There's nothing more frustrating... you playing and all of a sudden you fall through the map floor into an endless fall then you have wait until the mission is complete. It would be a nice to have an option to be able to self kill and respawn even though you would use one if your 4 respawns.

Eternal fall ? Can you prove it ? :p

Maybe this suicide idea could lead to a deeper signification for death itself. Actually one can feel that it's strange to be able to die and revive, and even more if you're limited to 4 times a day !

So here is my idea :

From the consistency point of view I would say that one life could be a link between you (safe in a ship, or even in your dojo ?) and one of your warframes (teleported to the mission). When the warframe dies, the connexion is lost but you are safe. So the Lotus has to re-teleport a new warframe and re-establish the connexion, which costs a lot. If you die too much, they will consider you're not good enough and will prefer sending other Tennos.

Consequence :

Therefore a "suicide" option could also be seen as a "teleport" option, that would allow you to move instantly to another Tenno (or even where you want in the rooms you already visited), but still at the cost of one "revive" ticket because it requires the Lotus to teleport the warframe and set the connexion again.

Side-effects :

This idea also allows us to explain why we sometimes fall in a hole and are teleported back with no harm (I'm speaking of all the holes you can fall in on many maps, not of the bug mentioned in this topic) : for a reason maybe the Lotus can teleport or "reload" your warframe instantly without loosing the connexion, as long as you're not too far ?

Also, it would explain why you  have experience when you loose : your warframe and all the things picked were lost, ok, but what you learned is not lost by the defeat !

I support this idea. In a game where the player is allowed as much mobility as this one, stuckage or endless fall issues are bound to happen every now and then. Having to spend a revive should be enough to ensure that the option won't be abused.

They don't want any unstuck functions, otherwise you wouldn't report the bug. They've stated this in one of their livestreams.

They wanna fix the bugs first, rather than introducing a mechanic to skip them.