The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Upgrade

Kai

• To give more life to our static little friends, I would like to give them a little boost and presence in the battlefield by allowing them to perform a very nice and flashy move that will definitely allow players to enjoy more of the underdog Sentinels (Looking at you Wyrm and Djinn). Basically, Sentinel Upgrade allows you to deploy your Sentinel on the targeted ground wherein it transforms into sort of a mini-turret with various ability that can possibly level the playing field against the swarm of enemies. This may come in a form of a Consumable Item that players can purchase and equip it on their Gear to prepare for misisons.

Carrier

• When deployed, the Carrier creates a vacuum around him (like a Whirlpool) that redirects all passing bullets towards it and storing them inside. Upon reaching maximum capacity, the Carrier releases all the stored bullets in a form of a large bomb which will fire it towards the player's crosshair.

Dethcube

• When deployed, the Dethcube will start spinning around wildly with its eyes/lens pointing up where it will bombard the area with heavy artillery. (Akin to the cube in the Cunning Test in the Moon).

Diriga

• When deployed, Diriga floats high in the air where it will start generating electricity after which it releases it in a form of a wide thunderstorm.

Djinn

• When deployed, the Djinn slowly starts to pump toxin gas around it, expanding towards the entire room. The smaller the room, the more potent the toxin gas is.

Helios

• When deployed, the Helios starts to spin and move around in a form of a mechanical tornado, ripping through enemies and scanning slain enemies.

Shade

• When deployed, Shade creates a banishing field that temporarily removes enemies in a small radius. After the duration, the enemies are returned with an unalerted status.

Wyrm

• When deployed, Wyrm creates a large dome around the user that protects them from enemy fire as well as preventing enemy from approaching them. Acts like a Nullifier's Nullifier Field that decreases with each instance of damage.

As someone with a vested interest in seeing shade become viable, I'm gonna have to say NO. Banish is one of the most annoying and frustrating mechanics in the game, it prevents you from doing what YOU need to do oftentimes, leading to an ultimately more convoluted experience.

4 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

As someone with a vested interest in seeing shade become viable, I'm gonna have to say NO. Banish is one of the most annoying and frustrating mechanics in the game, it prevents you from doing what YOU need to do oftentimes, leading to an ultimately more convoluted experience.

Could have worded that differently, banish by means like - literally remove their existence from the map =X.

Just now, Harowing said:

Could have worded that differently, banish by means like - literally remove their existence from the map =X.

That would also suck, for example the ability is used on something someone wants to scan, or a simaris target, or something people are trying to farm.

1 minute ago, Rehtael7 said:

That would also suck, for example the ability is used on something someone wants to scan, or a simaris target, or something people are trying to farm.

A possible scenario but most likely there's a reason you're using Shade as your Sentinel (Stealth Gameplay) but of course, the targets will return. Although it may look weird, my ideal ability for Shade is to give players a good breathing room.

Just now, Harowing said:

A possible scenario but most likely there's a reason you're using Shade as your Sentinel (Stealth Gameplay) but of course, the targets will return. Although it may look weird, my ideal ability for Shade is to give players a good breathing room.

Like I said before, keeping the targets out of the reach of players who want to kill/ scan them is only a frustrating experience. Maybe the user doesn't mind, but what about their teammates?

2 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

Like I said before, keeping the targets out of the reach of players who want to kill/ scan them is only a frustrating experience. Maybe the user doesn't mind, but what about their teammates?

I'm open for any suggestion for Shade's Upgrade :D

Just now, Harowing said:

I'm open for any suggestion for Shade's Upgrade :D

I'd alter Shade's stealth to be active for 10 seconds after any stealth kill, and Give him a new precept that blinds enemies up to 10m when his owner takes over 300 damage within three seconds, with a cooldown of 20 seconds.