Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Exp Distribution System

Bushinji

So I've seen this issue especially in Mobile Defense missions where one or two guys run off away from the hack system you are supposed to defend, leaving the hack system open and sometimes leading to mission failure.
Now I don't complain about losing a mission, rather about the "i" which should not be in "team".
Either those lone wolfs want a high kill score at the end or just like to play alone.

No matter which of it is true I'd appreciate a new EXP distribution system that most importantly encourages teamplay and has a similar form to the following:
- you get bonus EXP by killing enemies while standing more or less close to a teammate (the more mates, the higher the bonus; range of bonus depends on size of defense map)
- the "kill count" stat in the result screen is replaced by "kill points" => i.e. you get +5pts. for a kill, +3pts. for an assist, +1pts. for a lone wolf kill
- add a range to artifacts like "Regeneration" and "Energy Siphon" => you regenerate HP/energy from teammates' artifacts only if you are in their "bonus EXP range"

I'm aware this could produce a lot more data transfer during a mission and reduce the game performance/enhance latency/lags. But some parts - don't need to be all of them - might be realizable.

Thanks for reading :)

No matter which of it is true I'd appreciate a new EXP distribution system that most importantly encourages teamplay and has a similar form to the following:

- you get bonus EXP by killing enemies while standing more or less close to a teammate (the more mates, the higher the bonus; range of bonus depends on size of defense map)

- the "kill count" stat in the result screen is replaced by "kill points" => i.e. you get +5pts. for a kill, +3pts. for an assist, +1pts. for a lone wolf kill

- add a range to artifacts like "Regeneration" and "Energy Siphon" => you regenerate HP/energy from teammates' artifacts only if you are in their "bonus EXP range"

- Bonus EXP is already gotten when teammates are nearby each other.

- No, this isnt cod or something similar.

- That might be coming with the new artifact system they mentioned in the livestream the other day.

- Bonus EXP is already gotten when teammates are nearby each other.

- No, this isnt cod or something similar.

- That might be coming with the new artifact system they mentioned in the livestream the other day.

Not really helping.

- I've tested this a couple times and ONLY used melee during a mobile defense while keeping distance to the team 95% of the time. Result screen: Melee 20k+ EXP, Rifle ~8k EXP, Pistol ~8k EXP. How do you explain that?

- ....is that even an argument o.O? First off, I've never played CoD and secondly if it's a good system, why leave it?

- I've watched the livestream and there was no word about range or whatever. Only that they'll be similar to mods and that you can upgrade them.

How exp system works:

A guy kills heavy grineer and youre near enough to receive exp. He kills it and you get 800 exp. That 800 exp after the game is evenly split between your warframe and all 3 weapons which means you get 200 exp per weapon/to warframe.

All the exp you get from allies killing is basically distributed amongst your weapons and your warframe.

However, the exp you get when you kill enemies yourself goes directly and fully into the weapon you used to kill the enemy with.

For example: 

You kill 10 enemies with melee, ally kills 10 enemies with anything. (Lets assume an enemy gives 100 exp each).

At the end of the mission youll get: 250 warframe exp/250 primary exp/250 secondary exp/1250 melee exp.

Pretty sure that's NOT how it works Qynchou. The exp is split between the frame and the weapon slot they used to make the kill. It does not split into all your weapons.

As to OP, you're misunderstanding. They aren't going for high kill counts, they're going for exp. You specifically said Mobile Defense missions. In Mobile Defense, while that timer is ticking down, the enemies will spawn as fast as you're able to kill them. This causes the potential for MASSIVE exp gains in those missions. The guys doing these things are actually trying to help you. Are they overextending? Maybe. But it typically doesn't take more than one defender to keep the console at full, much less alive. You may want one other person for backup, but the other 2(3) can run off after the spawn areas to kill as quickly as possible for maximum exp returns. The first time you walk away with 170k+ exp from one run you'll wish people did it more >.> and when that does happen, the next time you do it and you only get 30k you'll be irritated because people hugged the console the whole time.

Edited by Ghobe

Pretty sure that's NOT how it works Qynchou. The exp is split between the frame and the weapon slot they used to make the kill. It does not split into all your weapons.

As to OP, you're misunderstanding. They aren't going for high kill counts, they're going for exp. You specifically said Mobile Defense missions. In Mobile Defense, while that timer is ticking down, the enemies will spawn as fast as you're able to kill them. This causes the potential for MASSIVE exp gains in those missions. The guys doing these things are actually trying to help you. Are they overextending? Maybe. But it typically doesn't take more than one defender to keep the console at full, much less alive. You may want one other person for backup, but the other 2(3) can run off after the spawn areas to kill as quickly as possible for maximum exp returns. The first time you walk away with 170k+ exp from one run you'll wish people did it more >.> and when that does happen, the next time you do it and you only get 30k you'll be irritated because people hugged the console the whole time.

You're kidding right? How are they helping him when the exp share range is only about 50 meters?!

I agree with everything you said dude. I think it would make a great addition to the system and changing it to points although a big change would improve the game in terms of how addictive it is. It also would open up new options for style points. jump shots, wall run kills, or other skilled styles of play which I think combined with a user load out view would mean people could look at a player and see the level of play in which they conduct them selves.

I can't see anything wrong and I am one of those people that will point out a flaw if I see it. and I personally would love to be able to go through content (even repeating old content) just to learn how to get the most points and play the most smoothly. Could even add style combo points for free running...that would be cool but may encourage rushing.

I got a little excited thinking about this. 

Please do not bother arguing on this matter as Im almost done leveling every single weapon/frame in the game and I know how the exp distribution works. I wont bother arguing with you because I know youll ignore every fact I throw at you like a brick wall.

Nonetheless go to a mission with your friend and do not use any powers or kill any enemies. Youll see that you will get the EXACT same amount of exp between your frame/weapon.

Please stop embarassing yourself.

Edited by Qynchou

How exp system works:

A guy kills heavy grineer and youre near enough to receive exp. He kills it and you get 800 exp. That 800 exp after the game is evenly split between your warframe and all 3 weapons which means you get 200 exp per weapon/to warframe.

All the exp you get from allies killing is basically distributed amongst your weapons and your warframe.

However, the exp you get when you kill enemies yourself goes directly and fully into the weapon you used to kill the enemy with.

For example: 

You kill 10 enemies with melee, ally kills 10 enemies with anything. (Lets assume an enemy gives 100 exp each).

At the end of the mission youll get: 250 warframe exp/250 primary exp/250 secondary exp/1250 melee exp.

Thanks for the info.

Still, this does not solve the "lone wolf strategy issue"... :/

Please do not bother arguing on this matter as Im almost done leveling every single weapon/frame in the game and I know how the exp distribution works. I wont bother arguing with you because I know youll ignore every fact I throw at you like a brick wall.

Nonetheless go to a mission with your friend and do not use any powers or kill any enemies. Youll see that you will get the EXACT same amount of exp between your frame/weapon.

Please stop embarassing yourself.

Oh boy. Aren't we a wee bit aggressive. Without data, a fact is just a theory. Fortunately for you, I went and tested it.

expshare_zps7eaf859b.jpg

Be happy I'm in a testing kind of mood today.