Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best light melee weapon

Santailq

Question

I was absent a while and with the recent updates some things changed and I need your help.

I have taken a break from warframe when Broken War and War were the best weapons in this game and I saw that broken war is not the best now.

I compared some stats(damage,slash,slide,attack speed, crit. chance and crit. damage) between Broken War, Nikana Prime and Dual Kamas Prime and Nikana Primekinda wins, i think.

Damage-NikanaP, Slash-NikanaP, Slide-DKamasP, Attack Speed-DKamasP, CritChace-NikanaP, CritDamage-Nikana and kamas have equally stats.

I am a sliding fighter so i prefer dual kamas prime, but nikana have some good stats...

What do you think?

8 answers to this question

TBH I don't think it matters right now. If you're maintaining a combo with Blood Rush, Berserker and Body Count and you started with decent (15%+) crit chance you really would have to try pretty hard to find a weapon that didn't work. The build auto corrects because if your damage is too low, you'll hit enemies more and build more combo... You'd have to go for an hour and a half on endless before your choice of weapon or build really mattered much. If you're Naramon it's just silly.

If you're not able to maintain a lengthy combo I would say Ichors. They can run pure toxic or pure viral. Nikana Prime Blind Justice multihit w/ no elements stacking slash procs also works wonders against armor.

No one ever mentions Mire but Toxic Blight is a really good mod if you want to run straight toxic or straight viral. It's not base toxic like Ichors but base slash giving it slash procs isn't bad and it gets to use Crimson Dervish...

Note that we also have Galantine Prime coming soon. Maybe three weeks? I know you said "light melee" but Tempo Royale is quick to stack Berserker from a cold start with the fast-animating two hit first attack. If Galantine Prime has improved base speed and 20%+ crit chance that might be better than Nikana Prime if your combo is going to be resetting a lot. Especially if they up the channeling modifier like they did with Fragor Prime. Slide attack might be too slow for you though.

2 hours ago, VKhaun said:

If you're not able to maintain a lengthy combo I would say Ichors. They can run pure toxic or pure viral. Nikana Prime Blind Justice multihit w/ no elements stacking slash procs also works wonders against armor.

I agree, but blood rush + body count is the best for the ichors too

32 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

I agree, but blood rush + body count is the best for the ichors too

Yes. Absolutely. If you have a high base crit chance there's no reason not to use Blood Rush. As soon as you land a few hits to build up Berserker it's already beating True Steel.

Ichors are absurd.

There's pretty much two phases of current melee:

1) You oneshot everything;
2) You have to spend considerable amount of time killing any unit.

The transition is so brief that there's basically no middle ground. If you ain't entering the second phase, there are two weapons, that will be unparalleled by anything else - Orthos Prime or Atterax - both build for spin.

If you intend to enter the second phase though, Ichors blow away everything else.

Well, to be honest, their strong side isn't DPS. Heavy Blades with Cleaving, with Tempo and Nikana Prime with Blind Justice can achieve higher DPS on paper. The problem is, realistically only Cleaving Whirlwind Heavy Blades can out-DPS Ichors, because both Tempo and Blind Justice have their best dps combos to contain ragdolling slam attacks, which will prevent you from effectively focusing down one target, unless that target is immune to being ragdolled.

And Heavy Blades with Cleaving may have higher DPS, but their status potential is nowhere close to Ichors. Not only Ichors have several times the attack speed, they also pack the ability to be built for solo corrosive and to still have space for Weeping Wounds, resulting in 2/3 of their hits on x4 combo multiplier reducing enemy armor.

Essentially this means, that unless there'll be no cases of enemies with armor in a given mission, no regular melee will come anywhere close to the potential of Ichors against high level enemies. And if there's no armor - just use Orthos then.

As a nice perk, Ichors being Dual Swords have access to guaranteed bleed proc on a ground finisher, that can (and will) crit. This proc is so insanely strong, that it'll easily outperform any weapon that was specifically built for bleed procs.