Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abysmal Placement Of Glaive On Warframe When Not In Use.

DevilSShadoW

This morning upon logging in and seeing that once again i failed to get a glaive BP for the umpteenth time i decided to just straight out buy the damn this even tho it goes against my principles of crafting everything in the game.
Now picture my face when I noticed that the damn thing was glued to my Warframe's forearm when not in use. No special armguard that turns into the Glaive itself, no holster... it's just kinda unceremoniously glued on there. It looks god-awful.
If you guys (DE) wanted to try out something new with the positioning, why not give it that extra bit of attention to detail you seem to have given most of the game. I know for a fact you have talented artists because the game looks amazing and the designs of the warframes is unique and interesting. So why not give the same level of attention to the Glaive's positioning?
This may sound like a small thing but it just screams of laziness if you look at it for more than a second.

Now, in the interest of not just whining I'd be more than happy to suggest alternate location for storing the Glaive:
- On the back like every other weapon. Same exact compact model like the one that's currently duct-taped to my Ash's arm but on the back where it would look slightly less ghastly.
- Lower back similar to the fang. The fang's positioning on the Warfame is probably one of the best in the game as it removes some of the clutter on a Frame's back so he/she doesn't look like a traveling weapon salesman.
- A slightly more bold and difficult(?) proposition would be to have some sort of armguard or holster on the forearm where the Glaive resides. That would require new textures and such.
- In the palm of the Warframe's hand or alternatively on top of the hand. Have it look like a small badge/sigil in the palm/on the hand that expands into the full Glaive. Now that would be awesome to look at.
- On one of the thighs. Maybe slightly lower than the Kunai so it doesn't clip, or alternatively even lower, above the ankle.

I'm sure there are even better positions that can be suggested by the great and powerful community and I welcome my fellow Tenno to suggest away.
Hopefully someone that can do something about this particular matter sees this post and it doesn't just get buried. I'd love to get an official response regarding the matter.

It is where it is as an homage to Dark Sector, in that it spawns from Hayden's arm, but still being applicable in the warframe universe. However I do agree that the positioning needs some adjustments, there are unfortunate clipping issues with it at the moment, as for putting it in another location, think about the fluidity of motion, retrieving it from the back then moving to throw it would effectively double the current animation length, so it's economical as well.

Considering the Glaive is just really an easter egg for Dark Sector fans I have no problem with it as it is.

I'd rather have it as in Dark Sector, where Tenno simply opens his hand and it pops out immediatly.

Totally forgot about dark sector, played it so long ago. But yes I agree with this wholeheartedly. I would be easy to implement and easy on the eyes. And would keep the Dark Sector tribute intact.

I'd rather have it as in Dark Sector, where Tenno simply opens his hand and it pops out immediatly.

This. I don't know how linked Dark Sector is to this game, but with all the mentions of technocyte and Tenno this Tenno that, I'm wondering if the Warframe suits are made of the same stuff that Hayden was affected with and if so it would make sense for the glaive to be absorbed into the body like in DS.

This. I don't know how linked Dark Sector is to this game, but with all the mentions of technocyte and Tenno this Tenno that, I'm wondering if the Warframe suits are made of the same stuff that Hayden was affected with and if so it would make sense for the glaive to be absorbed into the body like in DS.

So far this is the best suggestion I've seen and I'm inclined to agree. Maybe have a quick animation where it gets dematerialized in your warframes hand/palm.

Also, I've noticed that this thread should be moved to the Art & Animation Feedback section of the forum since it doesn't deal with weapon mechanics but weapon art/animations. Maybe a mod can fix this and move the thread accordingly.