Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote To Kick Afk Players.

AyezRed

So this weekend event isn't too bad imho, however I hate the arse that joins a match and goes to a whole and hides in the corner the whole time. What gives? Also where to I go to report these idiots? Are there any plans to have a feature like this in Warframe?

Most replies to this request will be trollish, but yes the game for pugs needs some form of control.  It's ok if you have a full clan team or friends, then you know they won't be an asshat, pugs are another matter.

I missed an artifact before because of one player being AFK...the mission wouldn't start due to him/her remaining in the spawning point.

That being said, I don't think a simple kick feature will do Warframe any good...the system is too easy to abuse. It would need to be tied to inactivity or something other than just simple votes. I'm sure DE will figure something out ;)

*sigh*

I agree with xxx7 there should be something to do with inactivity.

Yes I also can see how such a feature could be abused. I am saddened by the fact that some people would like to take advantage of other people hard work. Anyway, I guess I am over it now. I still love the game though, I just need to find a larger clan or something perhaps.

xxx7 is right it should be connected to inactivity or something similar like auto death costing a revive making it so there is a punishment to the offender not just the rest of the team. would like knowing that leaches get there spare lives taken as well as any mission rewards they have earned

They'll just set up a macro to twitch the mouse or a movement key.

The game should be able to tell when a player isn't using attacks, powers, attracting aggro, or being the only one not in the mission start zone, etc. Provided it doesn't use the broken damage counter like you see at the end of missions, that is.

Checking for AFK would be as easy as having a vote make them type some randomly generated word. Not perfect, but it would catch 99% of cases.

Checking for people deliberately not contributing might be slightly harder.

Edited by PositronicSpleen

Checking for AFK would be as easy as having a vote make them type some randomly generated word. Not perfect, but it would catch 99% of cases.

Oh god that reminds me of the Korean DFO always throwing Captchas at me during gameplay. It used to not despawn your character so you'd die if you didn't type it fast enough.

I propose a different suggestion, give hosts admin abilities to control their session. :p Would solve this problem, as well as many others.

An automatic AFK timer though... not sure, I never like automated things. Would have to see some specifics and numbers. Like what, five minutes afk? 2? What is too much, and too little ya know? Id hate to tell people before a mission started "Hey guys I have to use the restroom" [especially if I was hosting] and then come back to see people started the mission without me and I timed out after only being gone a few minutes.

And vote kicks tend to be abused... hence why Im behind hosts having admin privs instead. They already do kinda if ya stop to think about it, if the host leaves that pretty much kicks everyone anyway. We'd lose nothing by giving hosts the ability to control their own gaming session a bit more.

As xxx7 said first. Any form of AFK-Kick would have to be tied to innactivity. It is not fair to players to give them the power to just kick anyone they feel like, this opens up so much abuse for teams of 2-3 players to just gang-kick someone who may be lagging behind or rushing ahead. While rushing/lagging is annoying the person is still playing.