Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Artifact Event

philleapa

So DE announced that they were having an event about these 3 new rare artifacts.

Infested Impedance, Corrosive Projection and last and probably the least helpful Shield Disruption.

There have been a lot of negative feedback about these artifacts and i agree with some of it.

From the people who have been testing the artifacts to purely find the percentage they seem really low, but these people lack a bit of creativity in using the artifacts.

Think about it this way don't use infested impedance on defense missions or exterminate missions, use it on any other type of mission. use it on a spy or a sabotage maybe even use it on phorid or when you're leveling up a low level warframe or a new forma-ed warframe when maybe you can't handle all those infested running at you at their speed which is really fast compared to all the other factions.

For corrosive projection it can be a great replacement for that rifle amp or steel charge, stack 4 of them and its reducing armour by a good enough percentage add that on top of your armour ignore and you got a good setup for grineer, even better to headshot the corpus if you don't have an armour ignore weapon or armour piercing mod, or as i said above maybe you're leveling a new weapon that you can't really put armour piercing, and the great thing about this artifact is that it isn't enemy specific or weapon specific because by calling this artifact enemy specific your telling me that only one faction has armour, i only brought my previous point up because i have read on the forum of people only using this against grineer when grineer aren't the only ones with armour, if you can score a good headshot on the corpus crewmen you can easily one shot them with this artifact (if stacked).

Now for shield disruption i haven't really found a good use for it and i am going to contradict myself and come and say this is probably useless with its percentage which i think is around 3% stacked is 12% round that to 15% just for the sake of argument and still its pretty useless when you're wasting 4 artifact slots.

I agree with some people about these artifacts needing a buff but they aren't completely useless, you just have to get creative. but this event was fun i enjoyed the little trolling crawlers hiding, and i loved running around causing chaos with my nyx at the grineer it was a fun event but i think some people just expected a lot more out of it. Idk how many events DE has made as i have only heard of the Fusion MOA which i was sadly not a part of because i hadn't joined the game when it was happening but from the reward sense the Fusion MOA event had a lot more success and a better reward giving 100,000 credits and Frost Prime Bp was a great reward but some people aren't looking on the bright side,

Try looking at it from a different perspective first of all THIS GAME IS STILL IN THE BETA STAGE SO QUIT YOUR WHINING!

Not everything is a success guys something have to be edited and tweaked and sometimes things just need a complete overhaul.

Don't just complain and whine about the artifacts do something about it, suggest how it can be tweaked or buffed to make it more worthwhile.

It was an optional event nobody is forcing you to do this or to use the artifacts you don't like the artifacts and all you wanna do is whine and complain don't use them simple as that.

Not everything they add into this game is final and will never be changed, for example look at Mag they (Scott) are working on some of Mag's abilities and Rhino's abilities.

Thanks For Reading This

I'd say the corrosive is still pretty bad for primaries, I'm pretty sure that extra 40% damage from 4 rifle amps is better. Or the eng from ES. The only time it would be ok would be vs corpus crewmen if you have a gun without armor pen.

4 CPs reduce armor by like 20% right? (5% each)

if we assume 200 armor (for 66% reduction) that becomes 61% roughly with 4 artifacts I think. That means 100 damage only deals 39 damage.

If you have 4 rifle amps that is instead 100 damage now becoming 140, which deals 46.2 through the resistance, which is better than CP.

As for the "quit your whining" thing, "whining" and "feedback" can often seem like the same thing, and we do need to give feedback to let them know these artifacts are pretty bad.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

You say people should contribute instead of complaining yet you're doing the opposite yourself. Criticizing the critics rarely leads to something productive.

Saying that 'it's a beta' isn't a magical mantra that can fix all the issues people have with the game, especially if the developers are already accepting payments for it. If you go to a restaurant, order a steak and the steak is crap, the chef can't just tell you 'Oh, it's okay because I'm still figuring out how to make steaks.' I can tell you that if I make a steak for you for free, but not the chef who charges money for it.

That aside, it's not that the new artifacts are bad, because they aren't worse than the majority of the existing artifacts. It's just that Energy Siphon is too good because energy is the one resource that you find yourself lacking the most often in this game. Convert the energy orbs that drop from enemies to give 50 energy too, like the ones that drop from chests, and I predict that people will start experimenting with other artifact combinations immediately.

Edited by Winterbraid

Riiiiight...

Given how difficult these artifacts are to acquire the payoff is horrifically bad no matter how you dress it up. 

Energy siphon is by far and wide the BEST artifact in the game, especially in a 4 person team.

These new artifacts are totally useless when put up against ES and seeing as most of us would have been using ES when we were doing the defense missions for the new ones... no reason for us to change.

You say people should contribute instead of complaining yet you're doing the opposite yourself. Criticizing the critics rarely leads to something productive.

Saying that 'it's a beta' isn't a magical mantra that can fix all the issues people have with the game, especially if the developers are already accepting payments for it. If you go to a restaurant, order a steak and the steak is crap, the chef can't just tell you 'Oh, it's okay because I'm still figuring out how to make steaks.' I can tell you that if I make a steak for you for free, but not the chef who charges money for it.

That aside, it's not that the new artifacts are bad, because they aren't worse than the majority of the existing artifacts. It's just that Energy Siphon is too good because energy is the one resource that you find yourself lacking the most often in this game. Convert the energy orbs that drop from enemies to give 50 energy too, like the ones that drop from chests, and I predict that people will start experimenting with other artifact combinations immediately.

First of all while i do get your point you still don't understand what i am trying to say here, I am not "Criticizing the critics" I am saying people that are only whining and complaining and just saying it sucks without any testing without any further thought and without a better suggestion should stop just being idiotic and complaining over and over and over again they aren't helping by just complaining.

Second of all that is a really bad analogy to use to compare a game and the devs to a stake and a chef, I would love to explain to you what is really wrong with it thats not the main point here.

Third last and most obvious of all of course they have started accepting payments you can't just say i am going to make and develop and put out new content for a game without having a method of making money from the game itself, i mean really this isn't the first game to do this, on top of all that this game is totally 100% free the only thing that you can't get by earning in the game that is crucial to the gameplay are warframe and weapon slots which you are given 50 platinum at the start of the game to spend on whatever you want and if you are wise enough you would spend the 50 platinum on some slots because like I said before everything else essential to playing the game is earnable through playing.

Riiiiight...

Given how difficult these artifacts are to acquire the payoff is horrifically bad no matter how you dress it up. 

Energy siphon is by far and wide the BEST artifact in the game, especially in a 4 person team.

These new artifacts are totally useless when put up against ES and seeing as most of us would have been using ES when we were doing the defense missions for the new ones... no reason for us to change.

I agree with you about energy siphon being the best artifact in the game atm with 4 people you would be gaining 1 energy every .25 of a second which is a fantastic regeneration rate but if you ever play solo or no one is online you will see that 1 energy per second isn't a lot nor will it be enough which is why there are such mods as streamline, flow and rage. Oh also btw the artifacts weren't hard at all to get it took a long time because of the grinner AI and because of the crawlers in the infested one (i haven't done the corpus version as i got all 3 on the initial 3 missions that gave the out), the only problem about getting the artifacts was the bugs with the grineer and that was about it for me and just about everyone i know in the game.

I'd say the corrosive is still pretty bad for primaries, I'm pretty sure that extra 40% damage from 4 rifle amps is better. Or the eng from ES. The only time it would be ok would be vs corpus crewmen if you have a gun without armor pen.

4 CPs reduce armor by like 20% right? (5% each)

if we assume 200 armor (for 66% reduction) that becomes 61% roughly with 4 artifacts I think. That means 100 damage only deals 39 damage.

If you have 4 rifle amps that is instead 100 damage now becoming 140, which deals 46.2 through the resistance, which is better than CP.

As for the "quit your whining" thing, "whining" and "feedback" can often seem like the same thing, and we do need to give feedback to let them know these artifacts are pretty bad.

5% each with a max of 20% i believe is the correct amount, but what you fail to take into account here is enemy level and armour level increase per level, if you have made it to higher rounds in defense missions some guns and melee just become outright useless in the damage perspective so the enemies having less armour means you do a lot more damage where that 40% rifle amp only applies to primary and becomes a merely 5% level 100+ enemies while the 20% continues to take off 20% armour depending on the enemies armour not depending on how much damage you do with your primary with an added 40% and rifle amp is only useful for your primary weapon.

What you may consider feedback i consider annoying and childish, yes we get it the artifacts are horribly there are tons of posts about but only a few that suggest better ideas and ways to improve them or ways they would be used helpfully rather they are just coming outright and saying that the artifacts are horrible there hadn't been enough time for anyone to judge the artifacts because they hadn't experimented with them and yes the numbers seem pretty bad, but i haven't seen anyone experiment with different uses rather than the obvious ones, feedback doesn't just mean tell them how badly it sucks and start complaining about it, it means to tell them what is good and what is bad, how it's good and how it's bad, and possibly suggestions or ways to make it better, most of the posts i have seen are just complaining.

I adore your positivity.

Thank You, Not sure if sarcasm there but Thank You nonetheless.

Actually this is a bad analogy.  Using this example its closer to the chef brings you a free steak and vegitable dinner, and the peas/beans (artifacts) are crap, but the chef will keep bringing you steak dinners for free, while you have the choice to pay for it or not.

I agree with you about energy siphon being the best artifact in the game atm with 4 people you would be gaining 1 energy every .25 of a second which is a fantastic regeneration rate but if you ever play solo or no one is online you will see that 1 energy per second isn't a lot nor will it be enough which is why there are such mods as streamline, flow and rage.   ...

Actually Energy Siphon is 1 energy per 2 seconds, so with 4 people its 1 per 0.5 seconds.   Even solo this is more useful too because it gives you something you cant get anywhere else (though definatly less so than for a group).

At the end of the day all other artifacts have to compete with Energy Siphon for the Artifact slot.  To even be of consideration they have to be considerably effective to be used.

Actually this is a bad analogy.  Using this example its closer to the chef brings you a free steak and vegitable dinner, and the peas/beans (artifacts) are crap, but the chef will keep bringing you steak dinners for free, while you have the choice to pay for it or not.

Actually Energy Siphon is 1 energy per 2 seconds, so with 4 people its 1 per 0.5 seconds.   Even solo this is more useful too because it gives you something you cant get anywhere else (though definatly less so than for a group).

At the end of the day all other artifacts have to compete with Energy Siphon for the Artifact slot.  To even be of consideration they have to be considerably effective to be used.

Agreed and just checked the wiki i did make a mistake its 1 energy per 2 seconds with a max of 1 energy per .5 seconds you were right and yes all do have to compete with energy siphon but it all depends on how well you can conserve your energy in the game,

I myself use up quite a lot of energy but i always make sure i have around 300 energy and its not that hard to keep energy that high if you use skills only when needed.

Edit: i do myself use energy siphon as well but i love seeing new artifacts and what can be done with them

Edited by philleapa