Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will Guides of the Lotus be moderated?

Hezlock

Question

So how many people have to get suspended and unrightfully judged for some other person's amusement until DE do something about it? Yesterday we had a conversation in region chat, normal things, people were joking around, talking about anime ... (God what has it turned into?!) and everything was going well until a person got kicked for saying the word F*** (And I heard this a lot before too from other chats like in relays, by a certain individual who's name I won't speak of!) ... Everyone immediately knew it was a salty GOTL.

We were like "Alright ... not exactly fair as THERE IS A PROFANITY FILTER! But he'll come back I guess..." People continued talking... some guy randomly said "BJ-s > Warframe Fashion lol" and he got kicked for that... Okay I know you GOTL are all professional and stuff but kicking people for making innocent jokes goes over the limit. We all know what BJ-s mean but it's not any more harmful to say than "S#&$" or "F***" or anything like that, and people weren't kicked for it before.

Then another guy, less innocent joke but still a joke and not a reason to be kicked for, wrote 2 sentences about dildos and how he'd slap infested with them or something similar, I didn't catch on but still... And after that, some guy asked me "Hey Predator989 are you gay?" and he wasn't kicked... I was like "Alright." I responded, in confusion, with: "No I'm not gay... where did you get that from...?" Then nobody messaged anything and I immediately knew I was kicked...

Maybe I wasn't kicked because of that, maybe I was kicked for a message I wrote like 2 seconds before I said I wasn't homosexual which was criticising DE's ways of getting GOTL members as I was saying that too many random people who are prone to abusing their power but can hide it by acting nice can get chosen to be Guides of the Lotus just because, as I said, they act nice. And half of them aren't even veterans in the game. I saw a few with less than 30 days of playtime and/or MR10-15 or so but MR doesn't matter as much as it just shows how much you bothered to level up weapons you'll never use. 

But ofc STILL no message from GOTL. If you're gonna kick people for silly reasons like theese and fill your Egos by saying how smug you are for being able to suspend people, why don't you warn them first if anything?

I'm not attempting to be rude or anything, that's not the point of this discussion. My point is, DE should get some actual PROFESSIONAL moderators to look over both GOTL and the chat. And maybe even remove the GOTL idea in general cause a lot of people don't like it in the first place.

Edited by Predator989

1 answer to this question

If you are unhappy with the actions taken by chat moderators, you should take screenshots of them acting out and report them either via Support or by contacting [DE]Danielle. As with Community Moderators, individuals in the GOTL program that act out or abuse their power are not tolerated, and are often swiftly taken care of in a variety of ways depending on the specific offense(s).

To repeat: If you see anyone doing something they shouldn't be, report it to the proper authorities. You will not believe how many people try to do this only to not have any proof with them, so make sure you either record a video or take several screenshots.

Here is a link to Support, should you require it:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

I'm afraid this thread must be locked, as moderation is not permitted on the public forums.

My apologies for the inconvenience