Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some advice for my education

Praxxor

So, first of all this is the Off Topic section and I can write pretty much whatever the hell I want. 

Anyway, next year I'm going to go to San Diego University's branch in my country, the faculty I chose is Computer Sciences, despite everyone telling me that I should rest, I want to know what I could learn before I go there for, umm, obvious reasons? What I am interested in is Cyber Security and Networking, but I understand that I might decide to follow a completely different direction later on, which is exactly why I chose this profession, there's a lot of freedom and I can work pretty much everywhere.

P.S. If you are reading this and you are a future student like me, regardless of your orientation, good luck!

I was in a similar position as you are. When I was secondary school i was about to leave for college. Everyone knew what they wanted from the beginning while I was lost. The only thing I knew I wanted to do was something to do with IT. My Parents, IT teacher and friends were telling me that I should do IT. Don't get me wrong I do lie IT but I like being creative and liking to work with people.

The school gave everyone an opportunity to do work experience on what kind of jobs they want. I choose to be a Junior IT technician section of college. I easily understood what they doing but it felt boring and uninteresting to me. This is where Warframe comes in. I saw the first ever Devstream of Warframe. The way everyone was talking to each other and work they were doing really caught my attention. I though more deeper into and done a couple of weeks of worth of research. I finally decided what I wanted to do. So I told my family, teachers and friends and they weren't surprise. They said "I have an obsession over video games" and told to me "it suits met". To be honest, If I were to talk to myself in the past, I would probably laugh at myself.

Time I got to college, I met other people who had same interest as me, which was pretty fun year. Even tho amount of work that was given to us, it was at the point of insanity. Basically learning the fundamental what makes a good story, gameplay, character deign, world building, pacing, motivation, drawing skills (nothing special) marketing, trends (even tho I find this bit a stupid), animation, modeling, sound deigning and etc. Time I get to Uni, am strongly considering doing Animation.

My advice to you would listen your friends are saying to get some rest. You should, plus you should take advantage of the amount and recharge yourself for the amount of hard work soon going to be doing 

Edited by Ibro156