Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming back, can't play because I now own a controller

Mudfam

Question

So, I thought I'd give Warframe another go after a long absence. I now own a (steam) controller, which apparently is a huge problem.

I have no desire whatsoever to use the controller, and have in fact unplugged it. However warframe refuses to let me highlight anything with the mouse and gives me prompts with controller buttons. How do I get rid of this nonsense? I could not find an option to disable these controller atrocities, and I have to navigate menus with arrow keys and the enter key like I'm playing some horrible, horrible console port.

Edit: It's worse than I thought :(. I can't actually even navigate the menus properly (left and right don't work) and it seems to be impossible to enter chat. T works only when inside the menu, and I can't type anything anyway. Halp!

Edited by Mudfam

3 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, blue.tornado said:

can you try to un instal the steam controler software?

I'm gonna assume he does actually want to use his controller for other games still and call this suggestion unpracticable.

If you can't change the settings in Warframe to just use keyboard (can't check options right now), then try reinstalling your driver. On that note, check if theres a more recent version of your driver.