Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy 2.0?

(PSN)jianxungao

Question

I've been playing Warframe for quite some time now, yet I don't understand something. Like what spy 2.0 missions are. Are they just an updated version of spy missions that require you to kill everyone after data extraction before you leave, or are they different missions entirely from normal spy missions? Also, what's going to happen to Vor? Is he still going to be in the void?

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)jianxungao said:

I checked but I'm still confused...

So basically a summary is they updated the system so that each time there's a successful data extraction a random item is rewarded at the end of the mission ,and some aspects of the spy system such as the console securities were updated. (e.g sensor bars, lasers, mini puzzles) Overall there isn't too big of a gameplay difference.

Like Xebov said, it's the current version of Spy missions. Before there were vaults with actual security, it was just run to randomly selected security terminals that are littered throughout the maps, hack it, pick up the data (same thing carried in Mobile Defense missions currently), and take it back to your ship.

I suppose the concept hasn't really changed, but the rooms where the data is kept are more interesting than the normal tilesets. I'm hoping for a Spy 3.0 or something where it's an entire tileset dedicated to higher security and alternate paths between rooms (maybe the Grineer Fortress will have some of that?). Or maybe a high-security stealth Raid-tier mission (with solo option).

15 minutes ago, (PS4)jianxungao said:

I checked but I'm still confused...

Totally normal mission, killing stuff doesn't matter, alarms don't matter.

There will be three special rooms, A, B and C. Inside these rooms are their own alarm systems with traps and lasers and what not. In here you need to hack the final large terminal at the end of the vault to get the data. If an enemy hits an alarm or you trip a trap/sensor and an alarm goes off, a timer will start. You then have to finish the vault and hack the last terminal before the timer is up. Ideally though you don't want to hit alarms or let enemies hit alarms.

Hacking the data terminals in each vault rewards a bunch of XP, and a WHOLE BUNCH if you didn't get an alarm inside the room.

If you fail too many vaults you faill the mission. How many you need varies. I think it says in the corner somewhere by the map?

If you trip an alarm inside all three vaults, the mission will add an exterminate step making you kill all the things on your way out.

Edited by VKhaun