Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4/5 Of My Games Are Unplayable

Pentatonix

I am really considering quitting this game over just how frequently I get put in a game that has insane latency. There are the obvious issues with failed to join, or getting stuck in joining session and having to ctrl alt delete and close the program. I don't even really give a S#&$ about that, it shouldn't be there, but it would be fine if when I finally entered a game I got to play. After dealing with all the LONG delays just to join a game (is it really so hard to have a function that stops trying to join if it takes more than 2 seconds?) I'm put in games where the mobs teleport or don't die for 5 seconds after being destroyed. Please fix this or I can't bring myself to play anymore. Not a threat or anything, just saddens me.

My clans great, had every part of the dojo and weapons and has tons of players. I'm great, I have all the weapons/mats/frames I could want. My connection is great. I am just frustrated that they put you with people with latency, I'd rather there be a longer search time with more strict compatability so I can choose to start solo or not, rather than be forced into a waste of time.

100's average, lol. But seriously i've only had maybe 3 of these games, all in the void. Other than that not a single lag problem, you might be dropping packets like crazy.

Edit: Nagle's Algorithm, disable it. See how that fix's your issue. That and don't use wireless, lol.

Edited by F43AK

You could also try to change your region in the options. It did help me. I live in Slovakia, which is sort of in the center of Europe, and by default I was assigned to Europe-West. Now... the queues were getting pretty long sometimes, and high ping games were definitely more common than the low ping ones. I tried to change it to Europe-East, and poof... better overall pings, faster groups, nothing but stars in chat ever... 

Edited by Throrface

Sounds like you've either been joining games on hosts with bad internet, OR you have a bad connection, and have been joining perfectly fine games while lagging badly on their end.

it's not about bad internet, it's about sh`t net protocol of this game. 2013 year game with UDP protocol .... *facepalm*.

Anyway even if you have no latency issue, all your gear work for 10% of their power while you are not host.

Edited by Keetsune

last time i checked you need to aim and shoot as long as you don't spam skills. and this gets messed up by high latency.

The only times I hate the latency is because of the Infested doing this 5x motion speed and zooming from one place to another in a fraction of a second during lag moments. Apart from that, from what I tested, latency just means how slow your bullets register since they still register on the enemy. The only real difference it does make so far is bullet spent and who really gets the kill.

Edited by matrixEXO

Happens to me so often. I limit my matchmaking to 150 ping and when I join a game the stuttering makes it almost unplayable. When I play with friends it's all fine. I don't think the matchmaking works correctly.

Just you are inattentive and indifferent about that.

You're right, I really don't pay attention to those number things that pops up when I shoot stuff, or the effects that mods have on my damage output.

Sarcasm aside, it's a common issue that many have brought up time and time again: damage numbers appear to be reduced whenever you're not the host. As far as I can tell, stuff still dies just as fast as they do when I'm hosting.

But then again, that may just be my problem, seeing as how I'm apparently inattentive and indifferent to these things.