The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats! - A price guide! (updated)

morningstar999

Question

uuhhhh looks like you have found the old price guide! take a look at the more up-to-date one HERE: 

Many people have asked me to either price or evaluate their kavat! 

The biggest problem with kavat breeding is that there is no rare colours, pattern head or tail types! 

ALL COLOURS can be found and brought on the marketplace so there is no rare ‘natural only’ coloration, the HEADS and TAILS all have an % chance of being produced. Same goes for energy colours. 
Smeeta and Adaraza have an equal chance of occurring. 
This means that all kavats will have about the same value, it just depends how much you are willing to pay for a particular head/tail combination you want. 
Gender is the only thing that isn’t carried over in prints but there is no visual differences between male and female kavats. 
Hythinth pattern is the only naturally occurring pattern. 

No official names have been given this is just the most commonly used names for each of the heads/tails
Available heads:  
Fennec fox 
In4FMz.jpg

Persian head
rC5jbU.jpg

Long Tuffed ears 
dE3xVf.jpg

Long ball point ears 
nRd0GW.jpg

Available tails: 
Guppy tail (also known as Beta)
ApnFV7.jpg
Mermaid tail 
2KV3zY.jpg
Arrow tail 
0oz5yq.jpg
Leaf tail 
cNkTGO.jpg
Peacock tail (better pic to come)
rpTrPl.jpg

Energy colours available: 

Edit: -the  colours I can confirm is yellow -green -pale pink/white -cyan -blue -orange -a limey colour?

As a rule, the large ears seems most popular with Persian faces being the least desired, guppy tails and arrow tails also seem popular but it’s really down to personal tastes. 
Overall I have seen kavat prints going for as little as 25p and as much as 300p average prices seem between 80-200p 

The only kavat I would say could be considered most rare is a Kavat with all four colour slots AND it’s energy colour  NATUARALY matched. (so a completely red kavat or an all yellow one), due to the wide range of colours available this would be harder to make and a less common occurrence, as of yet I have not seen 100% one colour kavat, with a matching energy colour. 
I would estimate the value of a 100% one colour kavat to be worth as much as 300-500p. 

So to recap: (prices are for both prints) 
All normal kavats:  80-200p 
100% all one colour: 300-500p

Persian faced kavats currently seem to be going for only 30-80p 

You may sell your kavat for as much or as little as you like! This guide is here just to help you get a rough idea of current prices that I have seen most kavats for sale at.

Price update: 26/12/16 

current prices have fallen and they now seem to work out as follows:

big eared kavats with either leaf, peacock, guppy or  arrow tail:  60-150p (with leaf and arrow tails being most popular alongside tuffed ears)

big eared kavats with mermaid tail: 40-80p

Persian faced kavats (any tail): 20-50p

Fennec faced kavats (any tail): 30-80p

mermaid short tails seem the least popular alongside the Persian face.

New: 

in order to help you I.D how many matching colours and where colours go on a kavat I have made this image to help clarify the 'fur' colour slots and where each one sits on a kavat. 

fEAUS4.png

kubrow price guide:

k

kavat breeding guide

Edited by morningstar999
updated

6 hours ago, JohnCarraway said:

i got some Kavats. What would be the price on them? :)

the big eared ones will go for 40-100p for both prints, and the small eared fennec fox ones will be more like 40-80p for both prints. if it was me I would price them as follows and see if I got anyone interested:

kavat 1 (tuffed ears/guppy tail)  90p

kavat 2 (ball ears/leaf tail) 80p

kavat 3 (fennec fox /guppy tail) 80p (has a nice dark  fur colour harmony)

kavat 4 (fennec fox/leaf tail) 60p

15 hours ago, Nanaikku said:

My Friend is having issues posting on this topic but we wanted to know what the price of this Kavat would be?

o8Y80VI.jpg

Also i have two of my own i would like looked at

oxvlVkK.jpg

SYnvNl9.jpg

I would say 20-30p for both prints of the first one as it has the persian face which isn't very popular.

for the second and third  between 30-80p for the two prints with the big eared one being worth more purely because tuffed ears and leaf tail is a popular combination.