Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Advice On PC Controllers

LoseUrself2Dance

What up my hombres ~( •3• )~

so i've been wanting to get a controller for PC but I'm conflicted on which ones to get. Part of me wants to:

1) buy the Steam controller with the nipple joypads, but I'm afraid it won't give me the classic playing-on-console feel (which is the reason why I wanna buy a controller.)

2) get a PS4 controller because it has the trackpad and is good quality (and is also shiny). Plus, can be used if I buy a PS4 in the future/on my tablet (it's bluetooth, right?)

3) buy a regular wired X360 controller, sticking to the basics, wired so i don't have to always replace batteries. Also because I am most comfortable with the feel of X360 controllers.

Anyone can give input? any other good controllers/alternatives I should consider?

thanks in advance my dudes

~~{• 3 •}~~

Personally I choose to use the standard xbox 360 controller for my pc with the wireless activator thing.

It may just be me but for me:

• it's more familiar/easy to pick up and use compared to the others controllers. But, that may just be because I grew up playing Xbox.
  • It's more compatible imo with most games that have controller support. And, also for that you can just use some kind of emulator.
  • I like the Aesthetic/look of it more. The steam controller looks too clunky and I don't really like how playstation uses shapes for their buttons. The xbox controller also sorta matches my Alienware Alpha PC. Again, that is only my opinion. You can roll with whatever you want but if I were you I would choose the xbox controller..

Edited by oOSinox

I have an Xbox 360, Steam, and XBone controller. 

Steam Controller is really high quality, very light, and easily the most comfortable I've ever felt while using a controller. It took me about 2 hours to get used to.

The XBone controller is kind of meh, but it's plug and play, and the joysticks are nice I guess, the dpad is a step up from 360.

And the 360 controller I will say has some nice qualities, but the dpad is trash, the joysticks are trash, and it's very low quality feeling.

Personally I would get a steam controller on sale, or bundled with a game.

Edit: I will note that I hate PS4 controllers. They're tiny as hell, the touchpad hasn't worked on PC when I tried it for obvious reasons, and I hate the joystick placement. Another note is the steam controller can be used to navigate your PC, non-steam games, and has a marvelous DPad.

Edited by JSharpie

On 16/08/2016 at 5:12 PM, JSharpie said:

I have an Xbox 360, Steam, and XBone controller. 

Steam Controller is really high quality, very light, and easily the most comfortable I've ever felt while using a controller. It took me about 2 hours to get used to.

The XBone controller is kind of meh, but it's plug and play, and the joysticks are nice I guess, the dpad is a step up from 360.

And the 360 controller I will say has some nice qualities, but the dpad is trash, the joysticks are trash, and it's very low quality feeling.

Personally I would get a steam controller on sale, or bundled with a game.

Edit: I will note that I hate PS4 controllers. They're tiny as hell, the touchpad hasn't worked on PC when I tried it for obvious reasons, and I hate the joystick placement. Another note is the steam controller can be used to navigate your PC, non-steam games, and has a marvelous DPad.

How good is the compatibility for games when it comes to the steam controller?

Recently upgraded from a wired 360 controller (had it for ages) to wireless XB1 for pc along with the rechargeable batteries. Had to dish out a bit of money but it's worth it in the long run, especially on batteries. Decent controller too and an improvement on the 360. 

I'd personally say XB1 if you like the 360 feel.

Edited by Naith