Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to close Void Fissures

(PSN)iDonAlpha

Question

Sup Tennos? Quick question, so I ran a few solo void fissure missions and from the dev streams and seeing PC play, I had a fair idea of what to do. Collect the reactant, void tear opens, you pop through, seal it, get your options at extraction.  However all was good till I got my tenth reactant, saw the counter for the tear, tried jumping through, nothing. Ok thought maybe I was to excited and maybe missed a toggle indicator (pressing square or something), looked around this time, saw no toggle prompt, didn't go through the tear, therefore tear wasn't sealed and I had no options at extraction. May someone help me understand what's goin wrong here please????

5 answers to this question

You are looking at outdated information.

It used to be there was one fissure, you picked up one reactant at a time (like Mobile Defense data mass) and jumped through the fissure with that.

Now there are fissures all over the place and you have to collect a total of ten reactants to crack open your relic. The Lotus will let you know when you're done.

That you got no options at extraction sounds weird, though. Are you sure you got all the reactants? Can you try again and screenshot having ten reactants without getting a screen showing your prime reward? If you fail to crack the relic you keep it, so all you'll lose is a bit of time.

That Dev Stream is outdated. They overhauled the Void Fissure system shortly after that Dev Stream due to unintended consequences to gameplay. Currently the procedures are as follows:

1. Determine the Void Relic that has a chance to drop the Prime Part you want
  2. Find a Void Fissure that matches the era of Void Relic (Lith, Mesa, Neo, Axi) and begin the mission
  3. During the mission, Void Fissures will periodically appear, spawning a handful of Corrupted enemies as well as Corrupting nearby enemies. The Void Fissure effect will remain for a few seconds before disappearing.
  4. Every several Corrupted killed will drop a Reactant. Your Warframe has to walk over the Reactant in order to collect it and they are not affected by Carrier's Vacuum or Mag's Passive.
  5. Kill Corrupted as you progress through the mission and collect 10 Reactant
  6. Once your mission is complete and all 10 Reactant are collected, proceed to extraction
  7. At extraction, an overlay will appear showing the Prime Part you'll receive. If you are in a squad and your other squad mates have similarly completed their Relics, you'll be given up to 4 possible rewards from their respective Void Relic.

You don't close Fissures anymore, that system is outdated. Instead, your goal is to break open your Relic by collecting Reactants.

1. Kill Corrupted enemies
  2. Acquire 10 Reactants
  3. Complete the main mission objective and head to extraction

That's all that's needed. Void Fissures are no longer a mission within the mission itself, you are now able to progress through the main objective while at the same time collecting Reactants as fissures appear in your path (there is no longer one fissure, multiple will appear as you progress, so no need to worry about sticking to the first you find and halting the mission).

Edited by LazerSkink

The feature you are speaking of is during the early days of SOTR where the fissure closing is a minigame in the mission. Currently, fissures would spawn randomly in a relic mission. The fissures will spawn corrupted enemies and "corrupt" nearby ones. Kill them, collect 10 reactants, and finish off the mission.

HINT: Carrier will not pick up the reactants, so you would need to walk through the golden orbs on the floor.

Ohhhhh!!!! Okay! Thanks guys. Based on what you all just said:

1.) I had limited drops because I was soloing

2.) clearly was working on outdated fissure info as a few of you said.

3.) kind of ignored the main mission objectives focusing more on the fissures and reactants. 

However, follow up question regarding soloing.

seeing as how the void had been overhauled. If I solo with a fully charged relic it'll just increase my drop chance of ONE rare item right? Where as if I'm in a full squad I'd have a possible choice of four items at extraction. Correct? 

Thanks again Tennos

Edited by (PS4)iDon242
Spelling error