Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Want To Be Able To Access Your Foundry, Get Daily Login Rewards And Do Other Game-Related Stuff From Your Phone?

Ezard

Ezard is doing a fantastic job with this app. If DE was a bit wiser, they'd hire him to do the official app. He's already doing more on his own than DE is doing collectively with their own app.

Anyway, there's something I don't understand. You are already able to get alerts and invasion notifications for both PC & PS4. How is that happening without an API key? I'm guessing you need another API altogether for access to the foundry, etc.?

I agree.

People say DE should focus on the game, but Apps like this are $$. Every time you use it at the very least they have a geo-loc on you, that is worth money to a few companies... and if they can get account info on the phone, that is a profile to go with that geo-loc. Apps are not free to download just because, nothing is free! 

Edited by Nilufer

I agree.

People say DE should focus on the game, but Apps like this are $$. Every time you use it at the very least they have a geo-loc on you, that is worth money to a few companies... and if they can get account info on the phone, that is a profile to go with that geo-loc. Apps are not free to download just because, nothing is free!

Actually, yes, my app is free - partially because DE's legal stuff prevents me from making money off it, but also because that's because I originally wanted it to be (before I knew about all of the legal stuff), and also how I want it to remain in the future

So yeah, you really are getting something (that I've put hundreds of hours of work into) for free :-)

Edited by Ezard

Ezard, there are always exceptions to the rule, some call it "philanthropy". My point was that, generally speaking, in this world nothing is free. If you disagree, your world is different than mine then, in mine I have to pay for just about everything.

As for your App, I won't use it because to me Warframe is a game not a job, some might call my approach "casual", but I thank you for your efforts nonetheless. I am glad you like doing Apps and I hope it works great. 

Ezard, there are always exceptions to the rule, some call it "philanthropy". My point was that, generally speaking, in this world nothing is free. If you disagree, your world is different than mine then, in mine I have to pay for just about everything.

As for your App, I won't use it because to me Warframe is a game not a job, some might call my approach "casual", but I thank you for your efforts nonetheless. I am glad you like doing Apps and I hope it works great.

Not pure philanthropy - its mainly a portfolio item

And nope, I definitely agree with you (I'm a student - how could I not agree with that statement? XD)

And yeah, no worries - I appreciate the fact that a large portion of players have no use for my app, or any other game-related app, and that's fine by me :-)

I like the app but it needs some work. I use it all the time for the alerts. The codex in game needs to have the same stuff as the app and vise versa. But mainly the app I think should have the foundry to see if your stuff is able to craft or finished. It could also have the crafting stuff in the app to but mainly the foundry. Also the app could have some mini games so you can earn credits on the road to but it would have to be offline as well so it would save until you login online again and then you could put the credits to your character or to the app to unlock stuff for the mini games.    

Pretty much what the title says - if you want to be able to access your foundry, get daily login rewards and do other game-related stuff, all from your phone via an app, then up-vote this topic, and comment showing your support

DE are obviously focusing on making the game as awesome as possible, and as such aren't really prioritising their Android app (which is fine, because the game needs the most work)

However, there are several community developers, including myself, who have already made several programs, apps and websites that allow players to get notified of alerts, provide info about the game, or provide a means to calculate the damage done by weapons when mods are equipped. I don't just speak for myself when I say that most, if not all of us community devs would be more than happy to integrate features like accessing your foundry into our software - and best of all, it's not even like we charge money for our software

So in conclusion, to show your support for this cause, please upvote this topic, and comment with additional features that would like to be included, and I'll add them here

If many people join this cause, then the devs will have to pay attention (or they could just delete this topic, but the first option is preferable :D)

Okay people seem to be against getting login rewards, so I'll add it to the "Possibly Unwanted" list below

Other Suggested Features

Full access to mod collection

Access to dojo research/construction

Access to the market

Contact list (including being able to see who's online, and being able to chat with them)

Clan chat

"Dojo room complete" notification

You can't collect your daily login reward - instead, you an avoid losing your login streak (but you don't get the reward)

Since Kubrow management is going to be similar to tamagotchi, a way to look after them from the app would probably come in useful

Possibly Unwanted Features

Daily Login Rewards

I think the only way i would be okay with something like it counting the login for your reward is if it said something like "Login today to earn X prize", like it does when you login, but not give you the reward. Instead, it would be an incentive to get on, because you'd know that you were getting something, but would lose it if you don't get on.

Well, it is cool and convenient but basically DE would deny this because of safety reasons

DE doesn't like the point tat our login details will be written into your app to avoid any account theft. Plus the major point tat player activity would be reduced due to this.

But the 1st point is more serious so to be safe DE rather make their own app in case of account thefts

Well, it is cool and convenient but basically DE would deny this because of safety reasons

DE doesn't like the point tat our login details will be written into your app to avoid any account theft. Plus the major point tat player activity would be reduced due to this.

But the 1st point is more serious so to be safe DE rather make their own app in case of account thefts

My point was that you can't claim things from the app, but could do some of the other things like queuing up foundry jobs or taking care of your kubrow or setting and retrieving extractors, but not things like selling your weapons and such, but being able to mod weapons and frames to set your loadouts easier. I don't see how that would necessarily mean your account details are written into the app. They can make login tokens like they probably already do for the game.

I wasn't saying to do it in a 3rd party app, but in DE's. Also, even if it did use your credentials and/or is a 3rd party app, it's simple enough for them to implement, if they chose to, verification emails like with SteamGuard, or even something like an authenticator algorithm that other games (Blizzard titles, SWTOR, etc) use and be able to add that to a smartphone app like Google Authenticator in order to utilize existing technologies. Google uses this often to provide secure connections to other services. Obviously, DE isn't Google, but there's no reason not to use existing tech in order to provide better security if the concern is present.

The benefit of using an existing 2FA system architecture that is in place, at least as far as the authentication on the client's side is concerned, is that make users will be familiar with it and be able to acclimate to using it quickly, or choose not to use it and take whatever risks they choose.

Make it avalible to all nook devices. As in the nook store. Wait is nook considerd android

The Nook OS is similar to Android, but in order for most android apps to work, you have to root your Nook or install different firmware. You lose some functionality sometimes if you install a different firmware, so it's not always worth it.

My point was that you can't claim things from the app, but could do some of the other things like queuing up foundry jobs or taking care of your kubrow or setting and retrieving extractors, but not things like selling your weapons and such, but being able to mod weapons and frames to set your loadouts easier. I don't see how that would necessarily mean your account details are written into the app. They can make login tokens like they probably already do for the game.

I wasn't saying to do it in a 3rd party app, but in DE's. Also, even if it did use your credentials and/or is a 3rd party app, it's simple enough for them to implement, if they chose to, verification emails like with SteamGuard, or even something like an authenticator algorithm that other games (Blizzard titles, SWTOR, etc) use and be able to add that to a smartphone app like Google Authenticator in order to utilize existing technologies. Google uses this often to provide secure connections to other services. Obviously, DE isn't Google, but there's no reason not to use existing tech in order to provide better security if the concern is present.

The benefit of using an existing 2FA system architecture that is in place, at least as far as the authentication on the client's side is concerned, is that make users will be familiar with it and be able to acclimate to using it quickly, or choose not to use it and take whatever risks they choose.

Exactly - it can be done so that the 3rd party app never actually touches or sees the user's login credentials - it can all be done in an isolated window (think about how apps let you sign into Facebook) :-)

Exactly - it can be done so that the 3rd party app never actually touches or sees the user's login credentials - it can all be done in an isolated window (think about how apps let you sign into Facebook) :-)

The interesting/potentially awesome part is that DE can really choose whatever method they want, from SteamGuard emailed OTP, or something like 2FA that Google or Microsoft use for accounts, (Facebook probably does too, I just don't use fb atm) where you can use an authenticator app or email or sms to get a code that lasts a short time.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much what the title says - if you want to be able to access your foundry, get daily login rewards and do other game-related stuff, all from your phone via an app, then up-vote this topic, and comment showing your support

DE are obviously focusing on making the game as awesome as possible, and as such aren't really prioritising their Android app (which is fine, because the game needs the most work)

However, there are several community developers, including myself, who have already made several programs, apps and websites that allow players to get notified of alerts, provide info about the game, or provide a means to calculate the damage done by weapons when mods are equipped. I don't just speak for myself when I say that most, if not all of us community devs would be more than happy to integrate features like accessing your foundry into our software - and best of all, it's not even like we charge money for our software

So in conclusion, to show your support for this cause, please upvote this topic, and comment with additional features that would like to be included, and I'll add them here

If many people join this cause, then the devs will have to pay attention (or they could just delete this topic, but the first option is preferable :D)

Okay people seem to be against getting login rewards, so I'll add it to the "Possibly Unwanted" list below

Other Suggested Features

Full access to mod collection

Access to dojo research/construction

Access to the market

Contact list (including being able to see who's online, and being able to chat with them)

Clan chat

"Dojo room complete" notification

You can't collect your daily login reward - instead, you an avoid losing your login streak (but you don't get the reward)

Since Kubrow management is going to be similar to tamagotchi, a way to look after them from the app would probably come in useful

Possibly Unwanted Features

Daily Login Rewards

VANT WITH WINDOWS SUPPORT.

• 2 weeks later...

This should be done as soon as. As well as being able to get your login bonus and keep the reward as well as should be able to store the reward if you get it of the app till yougo on the game because of you get the money of plat it might run out before you have the money to use it. Comment if you agree.

Can we actually start a petition or have the community developers provide some basic coding idea to DE that will help them integrate it into the Nexus app. Although Some features like access Foundry items are too far fetched we can have clan and alliance chat, managing friend requests and the clan is a good idea along with building of foundry items not claiming them.

Edited by (PS4)architvats

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i like this idea and if this app can help the tenno get the daily login reward,i belive many tenno will install it in their smart phone,and i hope this app can chose more language because somebody cant understand english

i like this idea and if this app can help the tenno get the daily login reward,i belive many tenno will install it in their smart phone,and i hope this app can chose more language because somebody cant understand english

My app already supports a load of languages - simply go into the settings, and then select languages :-)