Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Defense Suggestion] Defense With Boss Waves

Wertron

Think the title explains it by it self, but here is a short discription of what I have in mind.

How about adding a at every "exit point" wave (every 5th wave). The amount of enemies is reduced slightly, but in return a Boss will show up to attack the Cryopod instead. The Boss will have a set of unique abilities and a different appearance than the current bosses/enemies.

Perhaps make it so that each factions has lets say 5 "Defense only" bosses, where each have it's own unique set of skills and appearance. Then every time the group reaches a 5th wave, the game rolls a random Defense boss of the Mission Faction.

To make the boss kill rewarding, it could perhaps drop 2-3 mods with an increased chance to drop "special/rare mods".

P.S.

I don't know if this has already been suggested.

I like  this  idea  a lot. I think Gears of War did  this although in their defense mode it was survival not defending a point so the boss was just trying to kill you. It would make for a good change of pace from the current waves. Although I think they may have to remake some of the maps (depending on the bosses).

Another thing to think about is infested bosses. If they don't aggro on the players and just went straight for the core it may be impossible to get past (I am thinking phorid rushing up and hitting the core, you wouldn't  have the damage to kill it before the core was dead).

I guess that could  go  for any boss, so it may be better to  make them just trying to kill all the players.

I like  this  idea  a lot. I think Gears of War did  this although in their defense mode it was survival not defending a point so the boss was just trying to kill you. It would make for a good change of pace from the current waves. Although I think they may have to remake some of the maps (depending on the bosses).

Another thing to think about is infested bosses. If they don't aggro on the players and just went straight for the core it may be impossible to get past (I am thinking phorid rushing up and hitting the core, you wouldn't  have the damage to kill it before the core was dead).

I guess that could  go  for any boss, so it may be better to  make them just trying to kill all the players.

You have pointed out the problem beautifully. Whether or not such a suggestion is implemented or not totally is up to the community though. Personally I am a neutral party.