Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gravity Warframe Concept

WynneD

Health: 100

Power: 150

Armor: 20

Shield Capacity: 100

Burden (25)
Weighs a targeted enemy within 30 meters down, reducing movement and attack speed by 40/40/50/60% for 6 seconds. Enemies within a meter of the target receive half the effect. (Increased by Continuity and Stretch)

Attractor (50)  
The gravity Warframe slams the ground letting out a shockwave with a 20 meter radius that returns to the Warframe, pulling all items along the ground to them. (Increased by Stretch)

Haste (50)
Reduces the weight of a targeted ally within 30 meters, increasing their charge speed, melee fire rate, movement speed, reload speed, and max stamina by 30% for 4/4/6/8 seconds. (Increased by Continuity and Stretch)

Gravity Well (100)
Places a circle down with a 10 meter radius that lasts for 9 seconds and any enemy that enters is knocked down for the remaining duration, receiving 70/70/90/110 armor ignoring damage per second. Knockdown duration is capped at 4 seconds for bosses, but they still take damage as long as they're in the circle. Can't be used again until the duration of the ability is over. (Increased by Focus)

Names are mostly placeholder since my creativity with names is terrible.

Sounds neat, but it might be harder to balance. I like the idea of having the option of running around knocking everything down for a short duration and dealing minor damage to everything vs staying in one spot, keeping one group of enemies CC'd and focusing the damage. Thanks for the feedback!

How about making Gravity Well follow the Warframe for its duration, like how World on Fire works, where it's a radius around the Warframe, and you can walk around with the AoE moving with you.

That's far better than limiting it to 1 instance only.

2nd skill is a bit pointless since 1 rush solves all of it. Add a stagger to enemies within range, on cast, and it gets some useful utility.

That's far better than limiting it to 1 instance only.

2nd skill is a bit pointless since 1 rush solves all of it. Add a stagger to enemies within range, on cast, and it gets some useful utility.

The idea of 2 is mostly to gather every sphere, ammo pack, resource etc nearby to one point so that the entire team can easily refill on everything quickly in an emergency. It's niche, but I think it could be very good on higher waves of defense. It has potential to be break even or profit on energy for you depending on how many spheres are nearby, but for everyone else it's a very quick refill in a pinch.

Well I've wanted a gravity 'frame since forever so I love the concept naturally.

I think power #1 should have a larger AoE than 1 meter, 1 meter is absolutely nothing in Warframe, and the only factions which bunch up are Infested, so it needs to be larger to make it useful against the other factions, but the concept of the power is good.

Thinking about it, I'd say combine powers 1 and 3 into a single power; if cast on enemy it functions like power 1, if cast on an ally it functions like power 3. That leaves two new slots open for new powers [if you get rid of power 2 as well].

What about a max range of 6 meters but the effect becomes weaker the further you are? 20% at 6 meters, 50% at 1 meter? (The max range would be further increased by stretch where any additional range stays at 20%)

I had a thought for Burden, what if if forces the unit directly hit to be knocked down and deal some level of armor-ignore damage? It would give this frame a fairly useful offensive tool early on and for less cost than it's 4th Ability. Just a thought.