Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First person mode

gtrxxs

2 hours ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Half life's long jump module doesn't feel anything like bullet jump for me. But that's just a me. I think the motion sickness is also another contributing factor as to why they're not implementing first person.

Precisely. The amount of work required to create a first person mode with all the new animations and effects would be huge. And since first person is a completely unnecessary feature, they will not implement it. This game started out as first person and it'll stay that way. Personally I've never ever heard of a first person game that suddenly became third person or vice versa. Player perspective is the base feature that games are built off of as it affects how the game is played entirely.

if the amount of work is too much they could ask the community to help, I`m sure that there are some talented people who would love to work on things like these for free.

6 hours ago, DSpite said:

I already have used first person camera in this game, it was a centered camera and it happened because of a glitch, and it worked fine.

All the things you have just listed don't happen. If I just moved the camera point we have now 2 feet closer to the Frame, it would look identical to what it looks like now. You are just making stuff up.

L5kg90w.jpg

How did you do this glitch Now I am interested.

12 hours ago, gtrxxs said:

if the amount of work is too much they could ask the community to help, I`m sure that there are some talented people who would love to work on things like these for free.

You miss the main point. It's not that DE couldn't do it. Of course they probably could. But the main point is; it's completely unnecessary. This game is not in any dire need of a first person mode. It was a third person project from the get go and changing it is both really unnecessary and time consuming. So they'd be pulled away from actual problems that need fixing. It would be a tremendous waste of time and reaources.

Most people who request first person have either come straight from an FPS or just want it for the sake of it and those aren't good enough reasons for DE to make a first person mode.

12 hours ago, gtrxxs said:

How did you do this glitch Now I am interested.

It's a glitch that happens when hacking. I'm still not entirely sure how it works. I've only ever encountered it when I pressed the hack button while sliding. It just forcefully shoves the camera into the Warframe head and it looks really weird.

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

yes the first person glitch, i've had it a few times happen randomly and i quite liked it, there are obviously parts that arent optimized for first person but it worked great.

There are other game developers who get a lot less crap for not implementing some arbitrary thing that only a small and annoying sub-set of their fans actually want. Probably because the whiners are proportionately smaller to fit their fanbases in some cases, but even compared to other games with equal or greater fanbases, it seems that our whiners are simply more vocal.

I mean, sure you don't have any right expect an FPS mode in anything in the Hack-'n'-Slash genre, so the comparison isn't always direct, but this is about the principle of the matter, which is that 1: it is perfectly acceptable for a developer to pick and choose what goes into their game, and 2: complaining or continuing to push after being given a definitive "no means no" answer on the matter is not only futile but immature.