Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Control Module Shortage!

MetaMortred

I have no idea how to get the drop - gone over hyena what seems for be over 40 times for CM only and no luck. Not a single one. We need the new alert system where it rewards Components. Like 5 or 10 Control Modules or something. This is ridiculous.

Right now the RNG for a Control Module is very low, even for Hyena. I usually get a Fieldron Sample instead of the dang Module, it's ridiculous... can't wait for that Material boost that was talked about in the Livestream 8 :l

There is a confirmed bug that certain hosts do not allow the players they host to see resource drops.

Please do not run with the same host too many times, even if it's your friend, because Hyena does have issues. A good idea is to ask if all other players can call out their resource drop from Hyena.

Could also you just being unlucky, but I farmed for ~5 control mods within the hour, and granted, this is personal experience, but either there's hyperbole, me being insanely lucky, a glitch/bug, or I'm lying (I'm not).

Edited by Aishi

Aishi, on 23 Jun 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

There is a confirmed bug that certain hosts do not allow the players they host to see resource drops.

Please do not run with the same host too many times, even if it's your friend, because Hyena does have issues. A good idea is to ask if all other players can call out their resource drop from Hyena.

Could also you just being unlucky, but I farmed for ~5 control mods within the hour, and granted, this is personal experience, but either there's hyperbole, me being insanely lucky, a glitch/bug, or I'm lying (I'm not).

You can circumvent said bug by making sure the host does not get the killing blow. Was running into it with my room mate and any time he got the killing blow we both got resource drops, any time I did, he got nothing. So just coordinate your kill to circumvent this ancient bug that has for whatever reason not been fixed in the past month.

On another note, Hyena is the only boss that can't seem to drop a module, and the only boss that seems to only have a single resource roll. I believe there's a bug in the system where he's currently only able to drop one resource rather than rolling for the clan material, normal resource, and orokin cell (boss only drop) individually. Having farmed numerous bosses I've never noticed this behavior from any other boss, and they each can drop up to three resources (clan, planet, orokin cell) outside of Hyena who can only drop the one (though J-3 drops two mods instead of the normal one).

Back on topic, I've had the weekend off and was lucky enough to find a kind clan (thank you again The Lone Rangers!) to let me leech a few of the research blueprints, so I've been farming Control Modules all weekend. I needed roughly 11, have been farming for 19 hours now since Friday, and have gotten... nine. Yes, nine. Two of which were on the same run. Having done both the rushing and not rushing methods, they both seem about even. I average one Control Module every 18~ runs (I've done 164 runs this weekend at the time of this post, doing more after this post as well). Only two of the resources were found in boxes (I should have kept track of how many boxes/lockers I've opened, heh). RNG is RNG, but those of you who are getting lucky are just that, it most likely won't be a consistent thing for you. If it is, totally come party with me, I want your help to stockpile at least another 20 ^_~

Well let me go through the check list.

RNG is RNG... check

Controle Modules are a pain... check

Bug about Hyena and host drops... check

Oh, and let me point you to this thread

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64304-operation-cornucopia-make-count-what-we-kill-adjust-drop-tables-for-mobs/

Its from a community manager who is looking for feedback concerning the same sort of thing and is supposedly working with DE about it. Feel free to check out his master thread too

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64303-operation-cornucopia-fixing-the-farming-masterthread/

i think its happen on all boss. Since the new material added to the material drop table, the rate on rare mats got  dropped. One way to fix this is to make a different table for new material (just like orokin cell). so it will not afected the drop table of normal  mats (yellow ones). and its have a chance  to drop  as a second drop (again just like orokin cell).

i think its happen on all boss. Since the new material added to the material drop table, the rate on rare mats got  dropped. One way to fix this is to make a different table for new material (just like orokin cell). so it will not afected the drop table of normal  mats (yellow ones). and its have a chance  to drop  as a second drop (again just like orokin cell).

Uh, really they changed orokin cells? Because they seemed to be just as hard to obtain when I was farming for them yesterday.

40 runs dry, heard a simliar story about Morphics and about Orokin Cells and about Neurodes and...

You're all making stuff up straight out of your arse, honestly.

I do 20+ boss runs a day and usually we get a rare material drop every 3-5 runs (no matter which of the above materials it is).

Uh, really they changed orokin cells? Because they seemed to be just as hard to obtain when I was farming for them yesterday.

Orokin Cells have a rare chance to drop from any boss, but the chance is rolled separately, so it can and will occasionally drop in addition to any other possible resource drops.

I'd say they're less common than getting the rare resource, so when you're farming Hyena on average you will get Control Modules faster than Orokin Cells, but if you happen to see two resource drops from the boss, one of them is definitely an Orokin Cell.

RNG is weird. I tend to run the missions solo when farming these mats so I can rush and don't have to worry about not seeing the resources. It took me 40 minutes to get a control module the other day, but the same day I got 17 orokin cells in a row, so who knows. I think the drop rate on control modules is really low and its the only system you can get it from, which is an issue in and of itself.

Bosses are not an efficient way to farm for for rare materials. Control Modules and such drop fairly regularly from killing regular enemies and opening lockers and containers. The boss is basically a locker with a somewhat higher chance to drop the materials. But how many regular lockers and enemies are you running past in order to open that one locker in the end. On my reset account I find a control module almost every time I visit a neptune mission to farm one, while also gathering useful Ferrite and Fieldron in the process.

I've found well over a dozen control modules and have never killed Hyena.

Do the Despina or Proteus defense missions on Neptune. Open every container and locker. Kill and collect everything. You'll usually be able to bag a few quite easily.

I initially tried to get the Hyena to drop one, but I gave up after like 10 tries.

I went to Proteus and was able to get one on the very first round.

Edited by Communist101

A higher drop rate would be ideal; however I think they should introduce missions or a system in which resources are the focus. Like mentioned above maybe resource specific alerts or random AI attacks on your Dojo which act like an endless defense mission; with very high drop rate on resources from enemies and rewards.