Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread's mod for Ivara

Alexter

Question

Hello all !

Since a few days, i start to build and play Ivara for Stealthy solo play (I found Loki too boring).

I have the build, i have the weapon. I only have a question for last mod on my Dread

I go on Serration/Split Chamber/Heavy Caliber for raw damage
I go on PointStrike/Vital Sense for the crit
I go on 2*90% elemental mod (depend on ennemies)

So, there is one last slot, and i don't know which of the followings mods would be the best (for the weapons himself AND for Artemis bow)

1. Metal Auger, for huge Punch Trough
  2. Shred, for Punch Trough/Charge speed
  3. Hammer Shot, for more crit damage and more status
  4. Thunderbolt, for explosions (more benefit on Artemis than on Dread himself)

Some Ivara's player to give me advice or impressions on these mods ? Thanks a lot

11 answers to this question

Heavy Caliber will mess with your accuracy. It's good on automatic weapons, but on bows you'll want to avoid using it.

All bows have innate punchthrough, so having modes like Metal Auger and Shred will be redundant. Throw in a fire rate mod for faster draw speeds.

7 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Heavy Caliber will mess with your accuracy. It's good on automatic weapons, but on bows you'll want to avoid using it.

All bows have innate punchthrough, so having modes like Metal Auger and Shred will be redundant. Throw in a fire rate mod for faster draw speeds.

Heavy Caliber has no negative effect on Artemis Bow.
Furthermore has Artemis Bow no innate Punch Through.

Just now, ButterLutter said:

Just general use Dread build.  Artemis bow is most effective mid to close range and the damage output is already high with crit mods and serration on the primary.

11 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

A little disagreement here mate, Dread is my go to weapon in Warframe and I used to use HC but found out that it messes with my accuracy alot by sending the arrows here and there which greatly hampers the criticals; even there are lots of youtube videos on this issue which helped me to build my current 125% Crit.C - 5.6x Crit.D dread for almost everything untill I bring out my Rakta Cernos for a change.

1 minute ago, AhmadIYE said:

A little disagreement here mate, Dread is my go to weapon in Warframe and I used to use HC but found out that it messes with my accuracy alot by sending the arrows here and there which greatly hampers the criticals; even there are lots of youtube videos on this issue which helped me to build my current 125% Crit.C - 5.6x Crit.D dread for almost everything untill I bring out my Rakta Cernos for a change.

"Heavy Caliber has no negative effect on ---->Artemis Bow<-----."

Heavy Caliber should not be used on any sniping weapon (Bow and Snipers mostly) because like you said, the shots will miss everything. Dread is no exception here.
BUT oddly enough HC has no negative effect on Ivaras Artemis Bow. Considering that its perfectly possible to use Artemis Bow nonstop without running out of energy (thanks to Zenurik), there is mostly no need to consider mods which are good or bad for the main-bow. Thus, if such a playstyle is desired, using HC is perfectly fine.

Heavy Caliber and its pistol equivalent Magnum Force are quite possibly the worst things ever for projectile weapons, and are really only good on automatics. Take it off, and remember that the giant numbers on the paper are no good if you can't land a shot when it matters.

You don't need punch-through as much as you might think on account of firing 13-14 arrows with each shot, but what you will need is either Speed Trigger or Vile Acceleration, because that means that 1: your Dread now charges faster, making it much more useful, and 2: your Artemis Bow changes its angle faster, meaning that you get a horizontal fan of arrows faster, making it better for both large engagements and run-by harassing.

After that, what you stick on mostly depends on playstyle. I'd go with Speed Trigger on top of Vile Acceleration for more arrow-spamming, personally. Hammer Shot isn't exactly great, but for a weapon that needs fire rate mods and already has good crit chance, it's better than Critical Delay.

Edited by Dreddeth

3 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

Heavy Caliber should not be used on any sniping weapon (Bow and Snipers mostly) because like you said, the shots will miss everything. Dread is no exception here.
BUT oddly enough HC has no negative effect on Ivaras Artemis Bow. Considering that its perfectly possible to use Artemis Bow nonstop without running out of energy (thanks to Zenurik), there is mostly no need to consider mods which are good or bad for the main-bow. Thus, if such a playstyle is desired, using HC is perfectly fine.

hmmm.....seems a little misunderstanding caused this confusion but you're absolutely right here. HC will not have any effect on Ivara's Artemis Bow but will mess up with Dread's arrows undoubtedly. But, dont know as these 2 differs like a lot actually but if someone prefers to stay with Artemis Bow with Zenuric then it most likely sounds like mashing EB around the tileset. Dont get me wrong here but I just dislike people using their frame abilities mostly leaving their weaponry idle in the holsters.

Thanks for the answer. The fact is that i want to use Artemis AND Dread, depending on ennemy's weakness (that's why i didn't look for puncture bow)

I'm surprised, i always red that Heavy Caliber didn't affect Bow's accuracy. Wiki seems to be agree with you, which means i have 2 free slot instead of one. So, i will probably go on Shred + Hammer Shot.

No one talk about Thunderbolt. Does it mean that's a really bad idea ?

3 hours ago, Alexter said:

No one talk about Thunderbolt. Does it mean that's a really bad idea ?

Thunderbolt isn't bad at all.  Works very well with Artemis Bow.  The only down side is that it stops the punch thru of bows and can possibly alert enemies.  It also can kill you if you hit a target too close to you.  It's really a personal preference type of thing.