Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

an idea for elemental status (damage 3.0)

Vasault

ok this is a rough idea, i'm in a hurry so i'll be more detailed later when i come back from college, anyway, elemental status is something pretty much mandatory for every build out there, melee and range, my idea is to make all elemental status completely optional, not like having to build an specific element combo for each race (corpus, grineer, infected), for example, how about that instead of elements reducing armor, reducing life, or damage shields, making them to reduce enemy accuracy, or slow em down (just like ice element does), things that won't make the elements a completely mandatory for builds and of course the most important, not modifiying the dmg of your weapon

6 hours ago, Balsco said:

I don't understand the point of this, if elements don't matter then there's no opportunity cost involved and decision-making.

what i mean is, we all know how important is to go with corrosive, but considering that most people would like to run other element status like ice or fire is kinda dissapointing, i want de to reconsider this and make element status something optional, and for this, they actually need to make scalability an important update in the priority list

in other words, nerf or change to viral, corrosive and magnetic elemental status effects

Edited by Vasault

1 hour ago, Vasault said:

what i mean is, we all know how important is to go with corrosive, but considering that most people would like to run other element status like ice or fire is kinda dissapointing, i want de to reconsider this and make element status something optional, and for this, they actually need to make scalability an important update in the priority list

in other words, nerf or change to viral, corrosive and magnetic elemental status effects

Plenty of weapons and builds involve the other elements, Corrosive is not the end-all be-all, it depends on the weapon.

11 minutes ago, Balsco said:

Plenty of weapons and builds involve the other elements, Corrosive is not the end-all be-all, it depends on the weapon.

not really, having void and other raids as the end game content, most of these places have units with huge armor resist, corrosive is a most have, but i do not want to nerf corrosive just like that, want i want is to have the crits pass the armor or scalability to reduce this breach, but i don't know exactly how

3 hours ago, Vasault said:

not really, having void and other raids as the end game content, most of these places have units with huge armor resist, corrosive is a most have, but i do not want to nerf corrosive just like that, want i want is to have the crits pass the armor or scalability to reduce this breach, but i don't know exactly how

The void is no longer the end game at all, and in raids most comps use corrosive projections to strip all armor.

16 hours ago, Balsco said:

The void is no longer the end game at all, and in raids most comps use corrosive projections to strip all armor.

but you still have to go with corrosive damage, even tho you don't kill much enemies in raids, but corrosive status is still the most used element in warframe