Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inventory Space Limit Suxx

dragonslayer667

so topic says it all.. i think space limit of warframes and weapons and anything else that has a limit, there is now end game os i would really like to be able to just get all the weapons and frames and have 30 different playstyles rather than have to pick and choose. i know you can buy more slots but other games survive on customization and conveniance items. so this whole limiting my items thing feels quite harsh. i could play this game again and again to max new items but as it stands having maxed the stuff i have space for im now bored.

disagreeing is fine keep your flame wars elsewhere...

The limitation they're placing on free players is that you have to sell your fully leveled gear to go use other stuff. I consider that justifiable personally, although I would really really like a "break down into blueprint" feature for rarer items!

you want the convenience and customization to pick your weps and play style however you like?

is that what they should be selling? according to what you just wrote.....

i agree with you to a certain point, but the price for getting those slots is so small.... i dono. i would like to see them give slots for time in or something. they have said they are doing rewards for mastery ranks and id like to see at least some there.

but it is a pretty cheap price to pay. requesting is fine and i dont fault you for it. but i would hardly call it harsh.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Putting painful restrictions on inventories for F2P players isn't very nice at all.

At least Team Fortress 2's painfully-limited inventory could be expanded by, like, 500% with a 49-cent purchase.

That Thread #873.

DE, just give them free slots already. They'll never cough up even $5 anyway, because they are poor/greedy/thinks its not fair/don't have credit card/whatever reason they cook up. Its just that kind of people.

Edited by Khranitel

That Thread #873.

DE, just give them free slots already. They'll never cough up even $5 anyway, because they are poor/greedy/thinks its not fair/don't have credit card/whatever reason they cook up. Its just that kind of people.

I coughed up... they're fully aware of the F2P market and the fact that 90% of players won't pay a cent.

That Thread #873.

not about me not wanting to coughup money but there are so many things id rather spend it on in this game mainly reactors and catalysts. 408 platinum to get the spaces for the weapons currently in game excluding the primes and 220 for the frames minus the primes seems like alot seeing as how a bunch of new crap is added every week.

and honestly if this game is beta then it should be easier for us to test EVERYTHING

edit: lol and i just realized i didnt count the dojo weapons so thats another 72 platinum

Edited by dragonslayer667

Amen OP, theres no reason for it other than to force people to shell out money. Nickel and diming people for no real reason other than they want your money isn't good for the game. Thats coming from someone who's bought another page of warframe and weapon slots anyway.

There's just no real reason for it, your not paying for content really, your just paying because your forced to if you dont want to lose all the stuff youve been playing with to play other stuff, and your sorta forced to do that if you wanna increase your mastery rank. 

If they wanted to limit inventory space, they should have made it so its possible to buy additional space with credits. The fact they've heard people complain about this several times [sorry op, your post is like the thousandth post complaining about it] and done nothing so far to fix it [because seriously, how hard would it be to add a credit option?] makes me think that all the posts complaining about DE being greedy and loving shortsighted cash grabs is maybe true. It really doesnt look good on the free to play aspect of the game to have such strict and artificial limits about how much your allowed to play before shelling out money.

There's just no reason why they should be charging for basic inventory space. It doesnt make sense either, if I can only store 2 frames and 6 weapons, so where does my metric ton of alloy plate, ferrite, nano spores and salvage go exactly? Why isnt any of that limited then?

Edited by unmog

Amen OP, theres no reason for it other than to force people to shell out money. Nickel and diming people for no real reason other than they want your money isn't good for the game. Thats coming from someone who's bought another page of warframe and weapon slots anyway.

There's just no real reason for it, your not paying for content really, your just paying because your forced to if you dont want to lose all the stuff youve been playing with to play other stuff, and your sorta forced to do that if you wanna increase your mastery rank. 

If they wanted to limit inventory space, they should have made it so its possible to buy additional space with credits. The fact they've heard people complain about this several times [sorry op, your post is like the thousandth post complaining about it] and done nothing so far to fix it [because seriously, how hard would it be to add a credit option?] makes me think that all the posts complaining about DE being greedy and loving shortsighted cash grabs is maybe true. It really doesnt look good on the free to play aspect of the game to have such strict and artificial limits about how much your allowed to play before shelling out money.

There's just no reason why they should be charging for basic inventory space. It doesnt make sense either, if I can only store 2 frames and 6 weapons, so where does my metric ton of alloy plate, ferrite, nano spores and salvage go exactly? Why isnt any of that limited then?

Would you like for them to limit your resources too then? :)

Actually, while you say there's just no real reason for it, the reason is something you already know. It's the same reason almost every game out there has character slots. You get one or two for free, and the rest are paid for. In fact, some games have fewer TOTAL slots than there are characters in the game, so if you really do want to try all the characters you have to delete one (but most don't do this because of potential money spending).

While you may not have a reason for it in the lore of the game, the reason is obvious for this F2P game. Purchased inventory pages/slots are very common in F2P (and not even F2P games like Guild Wars 2 or WoW). It's a convenience to buy more pages, or you could think of it as paying to alleviate an inconvenience, but it's the same result, and DE is far from the first to do it.

So yes, it's to get people to shell out money. Force people? No, but it sure is convenient to pay a tiny amount to unlock more slots. (at regular price 20 plat is $1.25 USD) Other games charge $5-10 for another slot. While I can't justify what DE does by comparison to other games, I can say that it is cheaper.

Edited by gell

Text

yea I know why they do it, I just disagree with the mentality behind it as a business practice. I understand they want to make money, but do it by releasing actual content you have to pay for. Id pay money for some space combat in this game. Id pay money for an extensive and thrilling story plot. Id pay money for more customization options for my gear and characters. Id pay money for special never to be released again content [aka Excalibur prime, I am a founder after all]

Theres just certain things I dont think we should have to spend money on, inventory space is one of them. Regardless if others do it, Im glad that your not trying to justify what DE is doing with inventory capacity because others have. Id hope that theyre trying to do better than that. Id hope they have more respect for us beta players than that. Considering Ive bought some inventory spaces, I still hope they do right by me for it. But I'm still an unhappy customer and dislike the purchases Ive been strong armed into buying. They need in game methods to aquire inventory space, and no I dont mean by increasing mastery rank since mastery rank goes up the more items you level up... give me a perk system instead or something for mastery rank.

*links*

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/67093-mastery-perks/

you want the convenience and customization to pick your weps and play style however you like?

is that what they should be selling? according to what you just wrote.....

i agree with you to a certain point, but the price for getting those slots is so small.... i dono. i would like to see them give slots for time in or something. they have said they are doing rewards for mastery ranks and id like to see at least some there.

but it is a pretty cheap price to pay. requesting is fine and i dont fault you for it. but i would hardly call it harsh.

the only reason i didnt start to argue with you is because everyone starts with 50 plat, so that could add 1 warframe and 2 weapons or 2 warframes so yea thats helpfull but i have to ask will that be a permanent feature? if not then item increase deff

Why don't they just lock topics like these at this point.

This discussion have been brought up countless times and ended with a conclusion that it's fair.

This should't be happening every time a new player reaches slot limits he comes here and complains -.-

I think that they need to set up a pinned list of threads on this sub-forum of topics that are banned/will be locked/will be deleted.

That way if people do post you can just post what section from that list it is in and then report the thread for locking/deletion.