Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It has been quite a long time lol.

Flowen231

Question

I've just come back from a massive hiatus, and I just wanna get caught up on a couple things real fast. I hear that cats are good, and theres one that boosts crit chance. How would I go about getting one of those? And How does the new void stuff work? Main reason I came back was because I saw the galatine prime that I've wanted for so long is here, and the last time I played, we still had keys for void missions. Because of "complicated" server and PC issues, I am unable to connect to other players 99% of the time I try, and as such, I'd like to know the optimal way of farming for these two things solo.

Thanks in advance tenno!

Edited by Flowen231

6 answers to this question

Kavats have power creeped over Kubrows, yes. In order to breed them, you will first need build and install the Kavat Breeder Upgrade Segment to your Orbiter. The Blueprint can be obtained through the Clan Dojo (Tenno Wing) or is otherwise the drop from Hyekka Masters.

Afterwards, you will need to go to Derelict Maps to scan feral Kavats that now roam the Orokin Derelicts. Each map tile has a chance to spawn 2 Kavats (if done Solo), which will naturally be in stealth mode. You will have to scan them with a Scanner, Synthesis Scanner, Helios or the new Cephalon Simaris weapon, the Heliocor. Each scan has a chance to yield Kavat Genetic Codes; you will need 10 to craft the Upgrade Segment, and another 10 to breed your Kavat. (Unlike Kubrows, you do not need to hunt for Eggs)

Both Kavats boost your Crit chance as one of their abilities. The Ardaza gives a smaller bonus more infrequently while the Smeeta gives a much larger bonus less often. I generally prefer the Smeeta because its other buffs are great as well.

if you aren't using Platinum you'll need to get the Kavat Incubator upgrade from a Hyekka Master or your Clan Dojo, then farm Kavat DNA fragments. Farming them solo is a slow process because the number that spawn in Derelicts is determined by how many players are in the mission. You need to scan them to get Fragments.

The new Void system will require you to get artifacts before you can try for Prime parts. Artifacts are single-use and to get the most out of them it's best to join a squad that has them fully upgraded. It's still doable solo but the most efficient farming mission for Relics are Excavations and those are much simpler in groups. High-level missions where Axi Relics can be broken open to access what's inside likewise.