Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on this pure defense/tank Frost build?

NevanNedall

Question

7 answers to this question

As I see, you are wasting 2 mod slots with those vitality and redirection, if you are going to build Frost to be main globe, you won't need them because you will camp inside it to renew the last one.

For the STR, it's ok'ish, acceptable. 

For the range, for me Stretch would be enough, sometimes you don't want to cover much with globe since it would mean more enemies can enter the radious, but Chilling Globe can take care of it.

For the efficiency, well... you will not be able to support your team with none of the other skills, and have be careful where you cast the globe since one cast means 51% of your total energy.

Obviously is my way of thinking, but I would take a more co-op focused frost to the parties.

15 minutes ago, Maxitotito said:

For the range, for me Stretch would be enough, sometimes you don't want to cover much with globe since it would mean more enemies can enter the radious, but Chilling Globe can take care of it.

For the efficiency, well... you will not be able to support your team with none of the other skills, and have be careful where you cast the globe since one cast means 51% of your total energy.

I appreciate the feedback. This isn't my current build, but is a theoretical one I'd like to build off of. The idea was focusing as hard as I could on bubble longevity, and for the rest of the mods I slapped on tanky-ness for Frost himself.
With that in mind, what would you say to this instead?
http://goo.gl/a1MdsX

Edited by NevanNedall

You may be able to trade in Energy Siphon and save a Forma if you have Zenurik Focus. Rejuvenation is always good. Frost will also gain more effective HP from Vitality than from Redirection thanks to his high base armour rating.

I wouldn't use Armoured Agility myself, I find the speed boost can be made up with parkour movement and the bonus it gives to Snow Globe is extremely minor- Steel Fibre provides less health to the Globe than Intensify, and Armoured Agility is nowhere near as good as that for boosting your armour.

What I'd suggest is this, plus or minus Rejuvenation and Zenurik. Freezing enemies for almost 8 seconds is a pretty handy trick and I think justifies the slot.

I've also enjoyed a lot of success with this. Snow Globe's strength is in its ability to be stacked up to 1 million health so the cheaper casting cost and extra duration on other abilities can offset the lower health of the Globe over time.

47 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

You may be able to trade in Energy Siphon and save a Forma if you have Zenurik Focus. Rejuvenation is always good. Frost will also gain more effective HP from Vitality than from Redirection thanks to his high base armour rating.

I wouldn't use Armoured Agility myself, I find the speed boost can be made up with parkour movement and the bonus it gives to Snow Globe is extremely minor- Steel Fibre provides less health to the Globe than Intensify, and Armoured Agility is nowhere near as good as that for boosting your armor.

The armor is entirely for the sake of Snow Globe's longevity, hence why it's chosen over HP so often, and the only reason armored agility is there at all. That said, I'll try switching things out and seeing what I think.
Also, the first build you linked was identical to my second build, I think you may have copied the wrong one?

I've amalgamated your suggestions into my own thoughts and came up with this:
http://goo.gl/FaF8Fe

Decided to keep power range over power duration, as usually I dont find many enemies making it to the bubble, or when they do being enough trouble that I need the extra time with them frozen. (then again I may adjust for higher level content if I feel the need).

Other then that, anything that seems to be missing?

Edited by NevanNedall