Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Allow The Stalker To Attack On Assassination Missions When Farming.

Grimgrip

Alright, folks. It's common knowledge that the game isn't very difficult. There isn't an end game if you exclude high wave defense missions and a good chunk of us spend a lot of time farming bosses and materials. Frankly, if we can farm a boss over and over again, then we can assume that he, she, or it really isn't a challenge. Why not throw the Stalker into the equation?

My idea is pretty simple. At the moment, the Stalker only attacks when you have killed a boss. Wouldn't it make logical sense that he would try to stop you if he realizes that you're farming the same boss over and over again? Theoretically, after you kill a boss three (or five) times in a row, you have an increased chance for a Stalker encounter. He'll say something like 'your blood lust shall be stopped' or 'you have gone far enough' or something along those lines. He will then appear, you kill him (hopefully), and you finish the mission.

If this were actually real, the chance of him appearing would still be incredibly low so you can't really farm the Stalker. I just think the inclusion of the Stalker in boss missions would make the game more interesting, difficult, and possibly more rewarding if the Stalker actually drops something. Ideally, he would appear in the boss room or the room before/after the boss room. As I stated before, if you can farm the boss over and over again, there's obvious no challenge to it and there goes the fun. Also, if the Stalker spawns in the boss room and you defeat both, maybe the boss would have an increased chance to drop something very rare (Systems, Orokin Cells, Gallium, Morphics).

If some players are uncomfortable with this idea because they think the game is hard enough, this mechanic can be coded so it would only appear on level 20+ bosses.

TL;DR: Game is too easy. Allow the Stalker to attack us on boss missions if he realizes we're farming said boss. Details above.

The thing is that either the boss, depending on what it is, has a decent chance of killing the stalker in the higher level areas. Or conversely, the stalker could slash dash past the boss, dealing heavy damage to it, on its way to you.

I do not think that the stalker should appear in the boss room as that makes it possible to kite both of them and have them kill each other.

And honestly this would just make farming stalker BPs easier, not make the game that much harder.

If some players are uncomfortable with this idea because they think the game is hard enough, this mechanic can be coded so it would only appear on level 20+ bosses.

I think this is a fantastic idea.

What if the requirement for him to appear during a boss battle is related to what Mastery Rank you are? If you're a higher rank in Mastery wouldn't the Stalker find it more challenging to fight higher ranked players?

I also believe that DE should add more then one Sentient to the game, a Sentient for each Warframe and also have it so that they can spawn with one another. If casual players have a problem with having more then one Sentient spawning on top of each other, make a module or artifact that would allow either to attract more Sentient together in one spot or be less attracted to them

This post has nothing to do with the game being too easy. You just want to farm stalker BPs easier.

Well said....I have all the stalker stuff, but know people who simply pray for a Stalker. Sadly he rarely comes now. I think perhaps if the stalker was a random 40 - 90 levels above the person he was coming for, or random 40 -90 levels above the max level person within the team, if there's more than 1 personM. Mebbe, just mebbe it would be a greater challenge.

I suspect the OP might not be so keen on that?

Edited by DaveC

Game really is too easy. Only weekend players and pubbers without a clan complain about the difficulty.

So any change that will increase the "overall danger" is always welcome for me.

But Stalker is too weak atm (Oneshot with Ogris, Six-Shot with Hek) so he could use a little Buff first.

@DaveC

I would love to see stalker be a much higher level when you are level 30.

I've had him attack me in a T3 raid mission. He died in only one or two seconds under fire from a Fusion MOA. It was rather sad.

He just needs a much better ability to scale to the levels of the groups he invades overall.

Game really is too easy. Only weekend players and pubbers without a clan complain about the difficulty.

So any change that will increase the "overall danger" is always welcome for me.

But Stalker is too weak atm (Oneshot with Ogris, Six-Shot with Hek) so he could use a little Buff first.

Agreed. Maybe give him his own Dethcube with full upgraded Serriation, Multi-Shot, Rainbow, Sanctuary? Or maybe his own personal sentinel that could as well have a chance of dropping the BP for it?

This post has nothing to do with the game being too easy. You just want to farm stalker BPs easier.

That's a fantastic assumption and attack on my character if it weren't completely baseless. I already have all the Stalker gear. This has everything to do with difficulty. While we're at it, let's buff the Stalker. I dislike that we can just get on a crate and empty a magazine into his face (like most bosses).

If it sounds more appealing, the Stalker would not drop anything (ever) when you defeat him on a boss mission.

The thing is that either the boss, depending on what it is, has a decent chance of killing the stalker in the higher level areas. Or conversely, the stalker could slash dash past the boss, dealing heavy damage to it, on its way to you.

I do not think that the stalker should appear in the boss room as that makes it possible to kite both of them and have them kill each other.

And honestly this would just make farming stalker BPs easier, not make the game that much harder.

Great point, I agree. The Stalker could appear after/before the boss tileset. We can't have the Stalker killing the boss for you; extremely counter productive to my original post.

Largely unrelated side note: It never made much sense to me that the Grineer and Corpus would be hostile to the Stalker. He IS avenging their bosses. God knows why he defends Infested bosses.

@Grimgrip

DE could add the restriction that if he does appear on a boss mission he appears after the boss has been killed. That removes the chance that the player will kit him into the boss room, and trust me if players could they would find a way to do it.

@Grimgrip

DE could add the restriction that if he does appear on a boss mission he appears after the boss has been killed. That removes the chance that the player will kit him into the boss room, and trust me if players could they would find a way to do it.

Great idea. If they implement that, I would prefer the Stalker to appear much faster than usual for the 'oh shi-' effect. As in, the boss would die, the Stalker taunts you once, lights flicker, he appears. Battle ensues.

@Grimgrip

This is a pretty cool idea.

To be honest, I'd settle for the Stalker actually fighting for someone other than Kril.

I swear, that creepy nutcase has gone on and on about me killing Kril so much, it's like he loves the hammer-wielding bastard. It's his only excuse.

Hell, he was punishing me for killing Kril... BEFORE I'D EVEN KILLED KRIL!!

To be honest, I'd settle for the Stalker actually fighting for someone other than Kril.

I swear, that creepy nutcase has gone on and on about me killing Kril so much, it's like he loves the hammer-wielding bastard. It's his only excuse.

Hell, he was punishing me for killing Kril... BEFORE I'D EVEN KILLED KRIL!!

For me he's always going on and on about how I killed Hek, even before I did, I just figured the Stalker was delusional.

For me he's always going on and on about how I killed Hek, even before I did, I just figured the Stalker was delusional.

He did that to me.

Then I killed Hek and he hasn't said anything about Hek at all.

Its like he was egging me on to kill Hek for some reason....

That's a fantastic assumption and attack on my character if it weren't completely baseless. I already have all the Stalker gear. This has everything to do with difficulty. While we're at it, let's buff the Stalker. I dislike that we can just get on a crate and empty a magazine into his face (like most bosses).

If it sounds more appealing, the Stalker would not drop anything (ever) when you defeat him on a boss mission.

Fantastically sound, you mean. As for an attack on your character, umm, how about no. Whether or not you have everything is irrelevant to the conclusion of what you suggest: run the same map 100 times guaranteed a chance to get the stalker often because you're running bosses + decked out to kill those bosses (most of whom are more difficult than stalkers) = more and easier stalker farming. You have already admitted that the stalker himself is easy, in your response, but said nothing about the difficulty of the stalker in your original post. Additionally, you proposing adding MORE loot from a stalker/boss kill. So, adding easy to easy is now hard?

I agree whole-heartedly that the stalker needs a buff (probably up with the difficulty slider we'll be seeing soon) and better AI. I can see arguments for keeping him out of boss missions (i.e. he's trying to catch you when you're weak, not buffed up to fight a boss; or an incentive to switch up the mission and not run one boss ad infinitum if you do want to encounter the stalker).

tl;dr? Maybe it would be more interesting, and there are arguments on both sides, but your original post had a strong agenda about adding easier and more loot.

In all honesty, I don't think this game will ever be challenging. The casual player base out weighs the hardcore player base, if DE needs to make money they'd choose the casual player base any day of the week for the sheer fact of how many of them there are.

Just wish we could figure out a mid-ground to appeal to bother players.

In all honesty, I don't think this game will ever be challenging. The casual player base out weighs the hardcore player base, if DE needs to make money they'd choose the casual player base any day of the week for the sheer fact of how many of them there are.

Just wish we could figure out a mid-ground to appeal to bother players.

DE has acknowledged this problem and plans to resolve it. The easiest way is to allow players to select a difficulty level, which they are strongly considering. Expect it soon. Casuals may be more numerous, but with thousands of GMs, most of which aren't casuals, putting in $250 per, plus some, it should be remedied soon enough.

To some extent I agree, the game will always be able to be played to the end by casuals, but soon enough there will be legitimate non-high-level-defense missions that are challenging to elite players.

DE has acknowledged this problem and plans to resolve it. The easiest way is to allow players to select a difficulty level, which they are strongly considering. Expect it soon. Casuals may be more numerous, but with thousands of GMs, most of which aren't casuals, putting in $250 per, plus some, it should be remedied soon enough.

To some extent I agree, the game will always be able to be played to the end by casuals, but soon enough there will be legitimate non-high-level-defense missions that are challenging to elite players.

I hope if there is a difficulty level that we get better rewards for doing them. I'd rather much have certain planet sectors dedicated to higher skilled players or more devoted players. I just hope they incorporate this "difficulty setting" good and not something we change in the options like in a arcade game.