The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Minimap] Any way to disable player icons?

Vardog

As the title says, is there any way to disable player icons on the minimap? They are really cluttering the readability of it, obscuring important waypoints and objective icons.

Edited by Vardog

Player icons is fine for me, but I think there should be an option to switch them off. A little tip from me: objective icon has a white triangle under it, which overlaps the same triangle on player icon. If you want to find your objective, follow the white rabbit triangle.

I'd like them to be optional but I'd also like them heavily improved upon too. They're quite crude in terms of quality and they are a touch too big. Need to be refined and more distinct (some you have to really have a look at to work out what frame they are). To be honest, they don't really fit or match the rest of the game at all.

Edited by Naith

42 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

Player icons is fine for me, but I think there should be an option to switch them off. A little tip from me: objective icon has a white triangle under it, which overlaps the same triangle on player icon. If you want to find your objective, follow the white rabbit triangle.

That really won't help me during Spy missions where I need to know which objective is which. The new player/frame icons made the minimap into a huge clusterfudge. They should either rework the icon system (making them smaller and not taking priority over waypoints/objective icons) or add an option to disable it altogether.

Edited by Vardog