Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Way To "change" The Burston.

AdmiralAvalanche

this post is dedicated to possible implementations to adjust the burston rifle's suitability in the mid to high end game of war frame, keeping in mind that this is merely a suggestion and i will accept constructive criticism. you may suggest what they should implement, change, and remove from this subject matter, the burston. 

2434589-burston.jpg

now that the introduction is out of the way, lets move down to business shall we? 

the causes of the matter.

the burston claims to be a marksman's rifle, rewarding the player with accuracy and power in exchange for rate of fire, however with personal experience the pay-off is almost everything for nothing. the dmg addition is marginal at best due to the single point increase when compared to the standard braton rifle. and the statistic of accuracy has come to a point between both rifles where it is so high already that even the most large of differences do not matter.

with recent experience on the kilken, Venus map on the mountainside tile set i say that even at range "tap firing" braton yields better than the controlled firing of a burston.

the mass of these issues are situated behind the lowered dps apparent braton buffs( i do not wish to have the braton nerfed) approximately 3/5 of the braton's dmg the burston has.

The effects.

Whilst on my journey through the game i see virtually no-one using the burston except from on kappa with newcomers to the gain levelling new weapons for mastery.

My ultimate choice of suggestion.

Rather simply i would believe that the burston rifle would become viable if...

You changed the damage type to 100% piercing dmg.

qm.gif

39074503.jpg

Now before the Nerf herders maraud us. you must hear me out, against the grineer it may be god. but against the infested it would be like p***ing in the ocean, a pointless task.

Conclusion: burston sucks monkey turd because of its low end dmg per second and barley noticeable accuracy.

this causes it to be severely underused if used at all, which no mass slaughter tool should. this may be rectified by changing the dmg type to armour piercing, which will yield it a fairly popular niche to be used in.

to you

its you who may suggest additional or take away features from this suggestion and make the valued opinion of the public apparent to the devs. 

may the force be with you.

The recoil is too much and the RoF is affected by you FPS (if you have low fps the burston is going to totally frozzen), also no more armor piercing weapons people complain much about those being broken and i dont want more nerfs in my burston.

Rather than ignore armor, what if the Burston simply had a much higher base damage than the Braton? 10 more would do it I think, putting it between the Braton and the Latron at 30 damage per shot. This would match the in-game description of the Burston being a nice middle ground between the other rifles, and we all know how much of a difference 10-11 damage can make by looking at the Supra and Gorgon.

Other than that, the Burston needs either a better crit chance/damage like the Grakata got, or some kind of bonus damage on a headshot for it to be able to justify Speed Trigger not affecting time between bursts.

With these changes, the Burston may end up being a weapon with a greater skill curve than the rest as players have to learn to compensate for the recoil while going for headshots, but the damage improvements would definitely make it worth the effort.

I dislike the idea of ignoring armor on a rifle because no other rifle does that so it does not fit thematically, and as Dasmir said, armor-ignoring weapons have their own problems as is.

Rather than ignore armor, what if the Burston simply had a much higher base damage than the Braton? 10 more would do it I think, putting it between the Braton and the Latron at 30 damage per shot. This would match the in-game description of the Burston being a nice middle ground between the other rifles, and we all know how much of a difference 10-11 damage can make by looking at the Supra and Gorgon.

Problem with that is the Burston already does more damage than the Latron, and even Latron Prime per pull of the trigger. It's also more accurate than the Braton when you control the recoil. So I see no problem with the weapon as is.

Problem with that is the Burston already does more damage than the Latron, and even Latron Prime per pull of the trigger. It's also more accurate than the Braton when you control the recoil. So I see no problem with the weapon as is.

So perhaps a 10 damage buff is too much, but the Braton is still sorely lacking in damage when compared to the Braton and the Latron.

Perhaps a 5 damage buff with the crit buffs I suggested. The thing with controlling recoil is that at longer ranges it becomes a huge problem when trying to land your bullets, which makes the Latron shine.

You didn't mention how the Braton can go full-auto, which is a huge benefit for it. The fact that the Braton is less accurate makes absolute sense, but as it is the Burston simply can't keep up with it because of the pause between bursts and the sad 1 damage per bullet over the Braton.

So perhaps a 10 damage buff is too much, but the Braton is still sorely lacking in damage when compared to the Braton and the Latron.

Perhaps a 5 damage buff with the crit buffs I suggested. The thing with controlling recoil is that at longer ranges it becomes a huge problem when trying to land your bullets, which makes the Latron shine.

You didn't mention how the Braton can go full-auto, which is a huge benefit for it. The fact that the Braton is less accurate makes absolute sense, but as it is the Burston simply can't keep up with it because of the pause between bursts and the sad 1 damage per bullet over the Braton.

Basically what I'm saying is the Burston is a middle ground between the Braton, and the Latron. Braton, and Latron are two completely different weapons, and the Burston combines them quite well. There is no need to make the Burston on par with either the Latron, or Braton as it has it's own mechanics and play style.

Even if it carried innate armor pierce, I can't help but feel that people would still hate the recoil on it even though I've heard of experienced users pulling down slightly on the mouse whenever they fire.

I dislike the idea of ignoring armor on a rifle because no other rifle does that so it does not fit thematically

I guess the Boltor and Snipetron don't exist. Unless you're being really specific about a weapon that isn't single shot and hitscan.

Even if it carried innate armor pierce, I can't help but feel that people would still hate the recoil on it even though I've heard of experienced users pulling down slightly on the mouse whenever they fire.

I guess the Boltor and Snipetron don't exist. Unless you're being really specific about a weapon that isn't single shot and hitscan.

But boltor has low stats to compensate that and snipetron its longer here (The ap made it the best sniper in the game)

I like the Burstron as is. The burst is tricky to use, but once you figure out how it kicks you can easily control it.

My advice for humanoids

at close range aim for the chest. You'll put the last two bullets in the targets head most of the time.

at mid range aim for the crotch. The last bullet is usually a headshot.

at long range aim for their right foot, the burst cuts up and across them. Just try and put all the bullets in the target at this range.

For Moa

I just aim for the black box no matter what. The gun's a big target and catches your bullets.

For Drones (Ospreys/Rollers)

Bring a Sidearm that either has good accuracy or spread. They are too small to hit with a full burst outside of really short range.

I think a lowered recoil and a decreased pause between the rounds in the burst (not between bursts) would be enough.  It would still be a pretty plain weapon, though, and I'd love to see something cool happen with it.  I think that the Braton proves that a solid and reliable weapon will make its own legend, though.