Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Animations

RazeEverything

On the new live stream it was mentioned they were working on animations for different weapon types when using Blade Storm.

That seems like a big waste of time and a headache when adding weapons down the road.

Why not just toss a small blade on his lower back and have him pull that out whenever he does the animation. Done. Hours saved.

Why can't he use that blade any time ? It's cause they don't want to half &#! an ultimate skill.

They could make it like an intangible "energy blade" or something like that, whose energy requirements are so high that it can only be used sparingly. For Bladestorm specifically since anything less than a multiple-target use would be a waste of the energy required.

Is this reality...? DE is putting forth a massive amount of effort for something

good and people complain about it still...?

Please stop talking...please delete this thread...if DE wants to push their limits and make this game that much more immerse then let them do it...

Nerfing weapons threads were bad enough...but now people want to nerf lovely unique animations as well...?

Oh lord...why...?

I'm just saying it seems like a lot of work for something that would look just as cool without a custom animation for every weapon possible. Save the animations team a bit of work/headache for having to change it every time they add a new weapon type to the game (i'm sure all short weapons share the same animation set for it etc). Let them use that time for new weapons etc.

Edited by RazeEverything

I'm just saying it seems like a lot of work for something that would look just as cool without a custom animation for every weapon possible. Save the animations team a bit of work/headache for having to change it every time they add a new weapon type to the game (i'm sure all short weapons share the same animation set for it etc). Let them use that time for new weapons etc.

Going through a headache is sometimes how they break through...playing it safe wont always garner lovely results...

It really is amazing they're putting that much time and effort into one skill. It also means they'll have to do a new one for every new weapon category they release. Not that I'm complaining, as Ash is my second most played after Excalibur. I just hope they can maybe use some of those new animations for other things as well.

Lies~ Absorb, hitting enemies? Never happens.

But back to the point of the thread, no... wish they were spending that time working on important stuff to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/69258-everything-everywhere-at-once/

Mine works most of the time...there have been times when it has failed...but for the most part it flattened everything in the AoE of my absorb...

Edited by Ystella

Really? Nyx's ult is still broken and totally unusable.

And they said they're looking over all the skills though ashes ult looking dumb has been one for awhile some people actually make nyx's ult work.

They could make it like an intangible "energy blade" or something like that, whose energy requirements are so high that it can only be used sparingly. For Bladestorm specifically since anything less than a multiple-target use would be a waste of the energy required.

Again that just seems lazy i don't get why people are getting upset over ash finally getting a good looking skill when all other ult's have a decent animation, when you use ash's ult it looks like a glitch or exploit.

Lies~ Absorb, hitting enemies? Never happens.

But back to the point of the thread, no... wish they were spending that time working on important stuff to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/69258-everything-everywhere-at-once/

It's still in beta it's not like this will be the last thing they do to the game.They're fixing a popular problem people have been having, the game as it stands has a lot of problems that I'm confident in De getting to and fixing.Stop whining cause the problem you think is more important didn't win out the vote.

I'd much rather see the priority on this be, getting skills working, balanced (at least better than they are in some cases where it is obvious they require it).

Once this is done, begin embellishing the skills.

I don't think this is a black and white point made by the OP, but doing this now, may compound problems in the future, and took/takes time away from what may be seen as less of a subjective change to more objective changes.

Can you guys just stop whining for once -.-

I am with them. I use ash and the current animations for bladestorm are so bad it makes me want to cover my eyes and go to an optician to get lasiks. 

Please do not use negative commentary on something hugely positive.

Admittedly I half-assed looked through the posts but honestly have the people complaining about them adding more animations ever used his ultimate skill with anything besides dual wielded weapons? Currently it looks really and i mean REALLY awkward to go around swinging his arms like he IS still using two weapons when he's only holding onto... say.. Orthos.

The fact that DE knows this and is working to change that aspect is great news to hear. I can't wait ta see what animations get thrown in.

Sidenote; sorry to probably bring tis thread up from the grave its been sitting in/