Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assasination animations?

dragonboss

On unaware enemies, yes, i see no harm done in that and it would add to the stealth feeling that you sometimes get during the beginning of the mission. On alerted enemies, nope, cause i dont want to be stuck in an animation while his friends empty their rifles into me.

On unaware enemies, yes, i see no harm done in that and it would add to the stealth feeling that you sometimes get during the beginning of the mission. On alerted enemies, nope, cause i dont want to be stuck in an animation while his friends empty their rifles into me.

Yes, that would not be nice at all, but it could be solved by a brief invulnerability period...which may or may not break the game.

Edited by dragonboss

• 2 weeks later...

If it's more along the lines of Dishonored and less Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I might be down for it. I hate long animations that take control away from me in combat. If they were very quick and only happened against unalerted enemies, then yeah it could add some flavor to the stealth mechanics when or if they get around to fleshing them out.

If it's more along the lines of Dishonored and less Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I might be down for it. I hate long animations that take control away from me in combat. If they were very quick and only happened against unalerted enemies, then yeah it could add some flavor to the stealth mechanics when or if they get around to fleshing them out.

Yeah, the assassinations I mean should not be like the deus ex ones, more like the quick ones in Halo or Dark Sector, which was what I had in mind. I think those were called finishers in the game, but yeah definiely nothing too long and if there are long and awersome ones worth the wait (meaning there will be a LARGE variety), then you should at least be invulnerable during those. Also, they should only be on unalerted enemies, though I feel that melee from behind on alerted enemies should be different.

Edited by dragonboss

It would certainly make Loki an even more interesting frame to use. The only thing I see as a problem would be that the only enemies you would really want to use it on are the enemies that are supposed to provide a challenge and not go down easy, like Grineer Bombards or Infected Toxicants. It wouldn't be very useful on normal enemies since they usually go down in a shot or two anyway, and would end up as more a nuisance in that instance since a shot to the head with a shotgun will likely take less time than an assassination animation.

It could be fine but it will definitely change the game balance a bit.

I think killing moves for unaware enemies is a very good idea. An quick instant kill will be a proper reward for stealth approach. But of course, this will not work at all while enemies are alarmed and actively looking for Tenno.

+1

Makes perfect sense, also thinking later on in this subject, if orientation to the enemy performed a different kind of Stealth kill,

so maybe from above could drop down time your "E" and pin the enemy to the ground with your melee weapon. Maybe something similar for a wallrun strike.

Agreed

• 2 months later...

I think we need more varied assasination animations. Perhaps if you are airborne, and begin assasination, you stab them down through the top of the head with a normal sword, stab the in the back of the neck with a dagger, or just outright cleave them in two with a heavy sword.

I think we need more varied assasination animations. Perhaps if you are airborne, and begin assasination, you stab them down through the top of the head with a normal sword, stab the in the back of the neck with a dagger, or just outright cleave them in two with a heavy sword.

This sounds awesome! Melee in general needs more variety to strikes and such, but as devs said before, this is more of a polish issue and we should expect it.

There are stealth finishers currently in the game for each melee weapon type.