Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculous Aoe Op Attack

Dessfar

When you're playing PVP in the Dojo, if someone has a melee weapon with higher AoE than you, you're basically dead.  Over and over i was getting knocked on my &#! not being able to get up.  It is infuriating and stupid so please fix it.

I rather have them fix more important stuff compared to PvP problems.

And i mean way more important stuff compared to PvP problems.

Like really really important stuff compared to PvP problems.

Something like.. uhm.. Supra bullets not having the specified energy color. Important stuff!

You get my point.

*ahem* The Dojo and all components within the dojo are in ALPHA stage. Early, early designs, unrefined and basically totally raw. Maybe it will be fixed in the future, but at the moment, just be glad it exists. You wanted pvp in a pve oriented game, and you got it.

We all know PvP is unbalanced and unfair in most cases, DE will probably be working on it soon, but hopefully AFTER PvE work is completed. This game is PvE centric, and we do not NEED PvP, it's wanted.

That's a crap attitude.  These guys want to make the game as good as possible right?  

Yes. And the vast majority want the PvE to be perfected first.

Why are you being so rude? All I did is make a suggestion.  Did they really say they will never balance it?

It's because we all know it needs to be fixed and refined. Everybody knows this, we don't need more threads on it. Besides, it probably won't be the focus of and refinement until much later, so giving suggestions now won't do any good, really.

When you're playing PVP in the Dojo, if someone has a melee weapon with higher AoE than you, you're basically dead.  Over and over i was getting knocked on my &#! not being able to get up.  It is infuriating and stupid so please fix it.

That's a crap attitude.  These guys want to make the game as good as possible right?

its mainly a pve game so they will probably perfect that first the maybe change some stuff for pvp.

bwahahaha yeah, that's why the hek already got PvP nerfed..... Your arguement is invalid.

funny cuz the hek nerf wasn't because of PvP. the reason for it was hek was hands down the best weapon in the game, now it feels more like a shotgun that dose more damage up close instead of being s shotgun-sniper.

back on topic. i would like PvP to be balanced but since it is such a small part of the game it not a big deal. you could always set some rules for a duel like no jump smashing.

well what should they do `?`large aoe´s who are usefull in game cut down cause someone get killd with it at the dojo ?? theres no point ......

may ur homie got better weapons then u ^^ get some better stuff and try it again , or just lose with crapy stuff....

i never point out that the braton makes less dmg then the Latron Prime , may they shoud nerv down the Better stuff , but i dont think its a possible way to make the game a lot better 

just another flame thread ...........

btw did he use reach on it ?? UNFAIR xD

Edited by PowPow36

To be fair, the grumpy old guys are right, though they could be less grumpy about it:

PVP balance is going to be a nightmare, and a real long-term development. Even pure PVP games take ages to figure it out, because in PVP (as I'm sure you know) the balance needed is much... tighter.

And at the moment, since the Dojo stuff has only just been released and is still basically a prototype, you can expect a lot of changes.

Just hang in there, try to suck it up... or maybe buy a massive hammer and fight them on their own turf :p

Alright, now I know.  Thanks, I guess.

Yeah, sorry to be so rude and blunt, but with so many threads on it, patience kinda gets worn thin, yanno? Just know that they are going to work on it at some point. We don't know when, but we do know they will.

its mainly a pve game so they will probably perfect that first the maybe change some stuff for pvp.

funny cuz the hek nerf wasn't because of PvP. the reason for it was hek was hands down the best weapon in the game, now it feels more like a shotgun that dose more damage up close instead of being s shotgun-sniper.

back on topic. i would like PvP to be balanced but since it is such a small part of the game it not a big deal. you could always set some rules for a duel like no jump smashing.

Heavens no I didn't mean the shotgun wide damage dropoff and initial hek nerf, I mean the PvP specific nerf that happened almost immediately after the clan dojos dropped.

bwahahaha yeah, that's why the hek already got PvP nerfed..... Your arguement is invalid.

Edit: stupid phones autocorrect...

Nope, the Hek got nerfed because it literally made every other weapon obsolete. Good fire rate, excellent damage, range more than sufficient to kill enemies in any normal fight.

Heavens no I didn't mean the shotgun wide damage dropoff and initial hek nerf, I mean the PvP specific nerf that happened almost immediately after the clan dojos dropped.

ah well my bad, but i still think it did needed a small nerf.

And this thread is exactly why so many of us opposed pvp of any kind to begin with.

Lets find out, are we going to go sliding down that slope like so many said would happen, or is DE going to put the brakes on this stuff?

Nope, the Hek got nerfed because it literally made every other weapon obsolete. Good fire rate, excellent damage, range more than sufficient to kill enemies in any normal fight.

Here's the quote from DESteve buddy, "DUELING: Intra-Clan leaderboards, PvP-specific balance changes (Hek zomg) and stability fixes are in the works. We'll be adding a UI for clans to create their dueling rules."

As I said to the other scholarly gentleman, I didn't mean the original/PvE nerfs.

What would be nice is if they simply quarantined the PVP aspect.

So, they could molest the weapon stats as much as they like for PVP... but in PVE they'd remain unchanged.

That's what they are planning to do. i think they have assigned or will assign a team of 4 people just for that. Or so they said couple of livestreams ago iirc