Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Display driver stop with warframe

mmcareen

Question

looking for some tech help.  So randomly, and I do mean randomly my display driver stops working with warframe.  or at least that's the message I gets, so my warframe screen freezes, I can open up anything else and runs find.... its only warframe that stops working, doesn't happen with any other game I play either, or at least it hasn't happen.  Originally I was thinking it was because my computer was ancient, I'm talking NVidia 460M ancient lol.  But I'm on a brand new computer, first time it happened so clearly that wasn't the issue.  Anyone else run into this problem or know the way to fix it?  steam windows 10 NVidia 980M no idea what else would help.  lol

8 answers to this question

On 28/08/2016 at 11:38 AM, Zwillan said:

I can't find the thread where I saw this but I had the same problem with my gtx 970 until I turned off the CUDA - gpu option in the nvidia control panel.

crash_fix.jpg

Awww I was so hoping this would work.. 2 days without a crash! Bliss! But then, crash again lol

Certainly seems to happen less with the option set to none however, so I'll explore what related options this has further, thank you :)

On 8/27/2016 at 4:16 PM, mmcareen said:

looking for some tech help.  So randomly, and I do mean randomly my display driver stops working with warframe.  or at least that's the message I gets, so my warframe screen freezes, I can open up anything else and runs find.... its only warframe that stops working, doesn't happen with any other game I play either, or at least it hasn't happen.  Originally I was thinking it was because my computer was ancient, I'm talking NVidia 460M ancient lol.  But I'm on a brand new computer, first time it happened so clearly that wasn't the issue.  Anyone else run into this problem or know the way to fix it?  steam windows 10 NVidia 980M no idea what else would help.  lol

oh, i've had this happen to mine. I updated the drivers manually and never had any further issues.