Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evolving Frames

ALoudBlackWoman

Basically,your Warframe evolves as you progress making the player feel more rewarded for investing time.

First evolution | Rank 10

Second evolution | Rank 20

Third evolution | Rank 30

First 2 evolution don't even have to be anything dramatic. Probably just a few touch ups on the Warframe like some little antennas or a sleeker helmet. 

Just an idea.

You my sir have played too much pokemon. I dont agree with this idea, but I dont disagree. Im neutral.

TC is a brand new player, only posts are from today... Doesn't know about forma, as such, is just talking.

They used to do something like this with mod slots, except it would just show a crystal on your warframe's arm or the gun but it looked bad and I think they were considering actual aesthetic changes over just something being added on to the existing models.

As we rank up our frames give out even more particles!

More lag please.

BTW : Yes I am a new player.But no I didn't get this idea from playing pokemon. Pokemon isn't the first piece of media to integrate evolution.I just thought it was pretty cool to have this.Also I know about formas.

Edited by ALoudBlackWoman

We've been told by developers that aesthetics are coming.

Apart from that info, as much as I like seeing armor evolve, this doesn't seem all that appealing to have and it doesn't seem to be supported by the current lore of the game. The only 'evolution' portion is an Orokin Warframe i.e. Prime. Outside of that, our war suits aren't free form, they don't change with abilities or get manipulated in any way. I'd rather they come out with suit pieces, maybe 20-30 or so for each body part to allow us a level of uniqueness that we ask for.

Nah, this doesn't sound that good when you think about it.

1) Evolution options = much more work on any given frame. I'd rather the devs would be working on alternative frame pieces, new frames etc.

2) Imagine you've spent quite a bit of time colourising your frame, and suddenly out of the blue, in the middle of the level, your frame grows ugly yellow horns or something.

I'd much rather see some more options you can opt for (maybe more parts, not just helmets), allowing to colour all parts (am I the only one who things that prime-gold is ugly?) and change material type of various parts.