Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythe in good?

(PSN)dmgpkk94

Question

I just got the scythe stance reaping spiral. I dont have a scythe yet so are there any good ones? Is karma any good or the dual ones? I just got to Venus and can unlock mars I'm a volt rank 22 Mastery rank 2. I also have the spinning needle stance if daggers would be better plus the burning wasp stance if whips would be better.

9 answers to this question

I know just wanted to know if scythe is any good. They are my favorite weapons in most games but iv played games where they are godly and ones where its like a weapon for mage type characters and are a last resort type of weapon. So my main question is are they useless in most cases or are they decent or any that are godly. Lol I guess I didn't give enough info about that lol.

The only really good scythes are the hate and the anku.  hate from stalker, anku from tenno lab.  And like the other ones said, you don't need a stance mod to use a melee.  If you want to use a stance mod for a melee, then you could try to trade for one, or you could build the fang, as they are pretty good dual daggers.

Both stances for the Scythes are good. The rarer ones speed is based off of your warframes speed. For Scythes I would go with the Anku with it's high damage numbers and the fact that no matter how many "experts" there are, you won't PUG with a 4x Corrosive Projection squad often, even in sorties. So the puncture damage works great.

Dual daggers are an underrated weapon category. I would pass them up until a rework or just for mastery points.

Kama is a machete type weapon. Even more underrated than the dual daggers.

Dual kamas are good. I would use them for an average play through but upgrade to the prime version or get the Dark-split Sword and use the dual version. It's better than the Dual Kamas Prime against Grineer anyway.

Edit: Oh, right. Whips. They all have their part were they shine. Scoliac has Range. Lecta has status and damage typing. Atterax is a crit monster.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

6 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Both stances for the Scythes are good. The rarer ones speed is based off of your warframes speed. For Scythes I would go with the Anku with it's high damage numbers and the fact that no matter how many "experts" there are, you won't PUG with a 4x Corrosive Projection squad often, even in sorties. So the puncture damage works great.

Dual daggers are an underrated weapon category. I would pass them up until a rework or just for mastery points.

Kama is a machete type weapon. Even more underrated than the dual daggers.

Dual kamas are good. I would use them for an average play through but upgrade to the prime version or get the Dark-split Sword and use the dual version. It's better than the Dual Kamas Prime against Grineer anyway.

I think maybe you are confused about what "underrated" means.