Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon suggestions for MR 10 test?

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Question

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Good evening.

I looking for suggestions on which weapon to take into the MR 10 test. It's the one where you must shoot targets, while the platforms you're on fall away.

Thinking on a auto weapon, modded for the largest ammo max possible. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

4 answers to this question

Just bring a weapon with solid damage, decent accuracy, and either a magazine of eight shots or better, or a usably-fast reload speed.

Sybaris is good.  Dex Sybaris is better, and it's what I did the test with.  Grinlok should work fine, as would a Marelok.  Vaykor Hek's got enough of a magazine to be worthy, and being a shotgun with exceptional damage, you don't need to hit with the entire blast to ensure a kill, giving you some leeway with accuracy.  A well-modded Boar, Boar Prime, Strun, or Strun Wraith should be able to handle the test with ease, for the same reasons as the Vaykor Hek.

It should be perfectly doable with a decently-modded Braton Prime, Soma Prime, or Prisma Gorgon - you want to stick with these as you don't have a lot of time to sit around and spool up your gun, and the regular Soma, Gorgon, and Gorgon Wraith take some time.

If you're good at acquiring targets quickly, any sniper rifle with a modicum of modding should work.  Don't use projectile weapons, as the travel time may cause you to miss shots and you really need to make sure each shot, or burst of shots if you're using an automatic, kills something.  You can do it with a bow, I've seen it done and done it myself, but it's unnecessary difficulty as the mobs really aren't that strong.  Quick, accurate shooting is more important than raw power.

There's a lot of weapons that can work - you could, potentially, do this test with almost any gun that can reach the targets with sufficient damage (which is to say, anything that doesn't have a limited range; leave your Ignis, Opticor, and Amprex at home).  These are the weapons I'd recommend most though, and why.

Edited by Arkvold