The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

MSI 1070 shutting PC down start game

SamsonYBC

I recently got a MSI GeForce GTX gaming X 8gb for my PC as a replacement for my old GPU that "Died valiantly fighting super mutants in fallout 4", anyway I've had the gpu for about a week now, it's perfectly fine for Fallout 4 on max settings but soon as I jump into a game for warframe "Earth on Everest was used" I move for about 3 seconds, and then my PC powers off. I'm not sure if it's my power supply for my PC but it's only ever done this with warframe, 

any help will be greatly appreciated 

SamsonYBC 

Edited by SamsonYBC

I had exactly the same problem as you, played Sortie mission on the day when i bought the card and my PC just randomly shut down for no reason, then the next day same happened when i was doing a raid. (Worst thing i was the host and we just finished the raid, we were waiting for Lotus transmission to get the arcane..rip) I only experienced this in Warframe 2 times and once in Dragon Age Inqusition, meanwhile Overwatch was running smooth for 2-3 hours both day.

After googling this, the result was:

1.) The previous Nvidia driver wasn't completly removed and this causing the problem - I removed the old driver before installed the card and did a clean install with the new driver -> NO

2.) Other component's temperature like CPU is too high when its under load (as far as i saw, people who had this issue had like 80C+..) - Mine was 55-60 under load -> so NO

3.) PSU problem - And this seems was the winner for me. I was searching for my PSU (Corsair VS650) and found this on tomshardware: "The VS and CX are "builder" PSU's good for like office builds and lower power PCs that don't spike and push hard (such as a gaming PC with a GPU)." When i bought this 3 years ago for my old GTX 760 it was perfect, but it seems (and it is) weak for the newest GPUs, so i just bought a Corsair RM550X today.

Today i played couple hours Warframe, Overwatch, Battlefield 1 beta and so far no random shut down.. and hopefully stay this way.

If you have another PSU try it out if you still have the issue or not. Hope i could help a bit. :)

Edited by N7-Justicar

Ok, i sort have fixed it, basicly warframe needed verifying again, im not a Technical person "my brother who is, chose the new one" but i think warframe wasnt looking for my new GPU it still was looking for the old one and that made it crash, Or i was missing a file for warframe, but anyway thank you for the Imput.