Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to use Borderless fullscreen after GPU driver update

Zenekri

Hi, 

I am running a gtx 980m and I decided to do a gpu driver update today. The problem now is that using Borderless Fullscreen causes the FPS to drop pretty badly. I did not have this issue prior to the update. Fullscreen works fine however.

Any idea how to solve the issue with the Borderless Fullscreen?

Edit: I have also been experiencing Graphic errors with system ID 4101 "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." for the past few days. The screen will go black for a couple of seconds before recovering. What exactly can be causing this issue? Please help :(

Edited by Zenekri
Update to the issue at hand

Still no dice even after a full windows reformat. I'm back to getting error 4101 with dx11. I will test lowering the options in the launcher, but this is quite consistent to the symptoms of how I got a BSOD last time. Since other games seems to have no issues whatsoever, I cant help but think that its something to do with the evolution engine. I might be able to test it with a different Motherboard and GPU next week... If however the problem persists, I can only surmise that the engine is not playing nice with my setup and many others' I sincerely hope that DE will actually look into their engine and fix these issues.

11 hours ago, Zenekri said:

Still no dice even after a full windows reformat. I'm back to getting error 4101 with dx11. I will test lowering the options in the launcher, but this is quite consistent to the symptoms of how I got a BSOD last time. Since other games seems to have no issues whatsoever, I cant help but think that its something to do with the evolution engine. I might be able to test it with a different Motherboard and GPU next week... If however the problem persists, I can only surmise that the engine is not playing nice with my setup and many others' I sincerely hope that DE will actually look into their engine and fix these issues.

I don't think your computer dislikes WF its just your system that has possible instabilities.
Also recently there is a Windows bug so that could also be the cause of your issues combined with certain hardware.

also to add laptop hardware recently is prone to be bugged with windows and nvidia.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

Nope, old driver had the same issue, which was why i updated. Still testing with launcher settings now, using DX 9 only seems to make the error come later, however I am worried that it might cause BSOD again, like before i reformatted, so I'm definitely keeping an eye out on that as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just an update. I managed to get my entire motherboard changed, so that includes gpu, psu and the whole shebang.

So far i have not been actually able to play for an extended amount of time, but in 2 or more weeks of short duration playing there have been no crashes.

However, i am facing two issues, one is sometimes the game will freeze for half a second, this happens when people spawn into a game, but also when nobody is joining.

Secondly, i sometimes suffer from an extreme fps drop, to about 5 or so fps for a few seconds before things go back to normal.

Are these issues i should be worried about?

12 hours ago, Zenekri said:

Hi, just an update. I managed to get my entire motherboard changed, so that includes gpu, psu and the whole shebang.

So far i have not been actually able to play for an extended amount of time, but in 2 or more weeks of short duration playing there have been no crashes.

However, i am facing two issues, one is sometimes the game will freeze for half a second, this happens when people spawn into a game, but also when nobody is joining.

Secondly, i sometimes suffer from an extreme fps drop, to about 5 or so fps for a few seconds before things go back to normal.

Are these issues i should be worried about?

well you can worry abut it, but set your pc to max performance while gaming and defragment your drive with defraggler it helps a lot

Chao, The Roaring Lion